PDA

View Full Version : Ceiling casettes

daddymac
19-12-2005, 02:47 PM
Guys... as a rule of thumb how far will a 4-way blow (950x950) ceiling cassette blow? I have a job for a local church foyer area where the heating/cooling load could be taken care of by a single 12.5kW split, but the area is quite large 9mX12m. I know that two smaller (say 7.1kW) cassettes would be the ideal, but these people are on a tight budget and I'd like to help them out... as I'm such a nice bloke!
Would the suspended type 4 way cassette blow any further?? Any Ideas?
Many thanks!!:D

rbartlett
19-12-2005, 05:05 PM
Guys... as a rule of thumb how far will a 4-way blow (950x950) ceiling cassette blow? I have a job for a local church foyer area where the heating/cooling load could be taken care of by a single 12.5kW split, but the area is quite large 9mX12m. I know that two smaller (say 7.1kW) cassettes would be the ideal, but these people are on a tight budget and I'd like to help them out... as I'm such a nice bloke!
Would the suspended type 4 way cassette blow any further?? Any Ideas?
Many thanks!!:D

two ways

an under ceiling will push the air pretty much that far -if you semi recess it

the daikin/panasonic 4x blow has really stupid vanes which are curved so the air just falls about 5 feet away and the people under always complain

i remove the twin vane and turn it upside down. it's quite fiddly and requires a slight modding and some *superglue..*we had one fall off a while back ;-))

but once fitted the difference to the air throw is dramatic

cheers

richard

eggs
19-12-2005, 06:36 PM
I would say "rule of thumb" 4m each way up to 7kw. When you get, 8kw up to 14kw, i would not recommend these to be installed at a height of less than 4m, you will get appx 6m throw from this height.

chers

eggs

Slim R410a
19-12-2005, 06:41 PM
two ways

an under ceiling will push the air pretty much that far -if you semi recess it

the daikin/panasonic 4x blow has really stupid vanes which are curved so the air just falls about 5 feet away and the people under always complain

i remove the twin vane and turn it upside down. it's quite fiddly and requires a slight modding and some *superglue..*we had one fall off a while back ;-))

but once fitted the difference to the air throw is dramatic

cheers

richard

Interesting,

I recently had someone complain about a draught who desk is right under a 10kw 4-way Daikin blower.

Might try this modification out if the problem persists!

Thanks for mentioning it!:)

frank
19-12-2005, 10:34 PM
I would say "rule of thumb" 4m each way up to 7kw. When you get, 8kw up to 14kw, i would not recommend these to be installed at a height of less than 4m, you will get appx 6m throw from this height.

chers

eggs
Hi eggs

Daikin don't recommend that their 4 way blow cassettes are fitted in excess of 3.5m because of air distribution problems above this height.

eggs
19-12-2005, 11:02 PM
Evening Frank.

Is that correct even for the big cassettes ie 12kw?

Don't answer that, i just looked in my Hitachi technical book and thay don't recommend installing cassettes above 3m:eek: of any capacity.:o

whoops, better start making a list of systems i need to reinstall during January 06.

cheers

eggs

botrous
19-12-2005, 11:55 PM
whoops, better start making a list of systems i need to reinstall during January 06.

Hope that will not be a load of work :)

daddymac
20-12-2005, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the replies!!
Frank, Daikin (and Panasonic) do a non-recessed (suspended) 4-way blow cassette! This "looks" as if it will blow further?? Is there any data?:confused:
And has anybody used these suspended cassettes? they seem very compact and Bijou! :)

**Richard, just read your post again... so an under ceiling will do me! Thanks DM:D

frank
20-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Hi Daddymac

Panasonic Urban range is badged Daikin so the units are the same.

The old model (407C) used to be the FUP underceiling cassette. The new (410A) is the FUQ underceiling cassette. See here for details http://www.daikin.co.uk/airconditioning-products/commercial_office_spaces/one_room/4wayblow_ceiling_suspended/items/fuq-bu.jsp

If you follow the link for Technical Info and sign up you can browse/download the full tech manuals.

Again, these are only suitable for ceilings up to 3.5m. The units are quite easy to install but the drain connection is a real pain in the a*se as the pipes restrict the access.