PDA

View Full Version : Refrigeration diagnostics and troubleshooting

samisonfire
26-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Hello everyone.

I am a refrigeration engineer and have been for a little over 12 years. I am NVQ 3 qualified and have been out by myself as a service/installation engineer for about 7 years. I feel i have a relatively good understanding of refrigeration, but I am desperate to learn more.

Unfortunately I am yet to work with anyone that has much to offer me with regards to learning new techniques for refrigeration diagnostics and troubleshooting. I get by fine but to be honest with you it's a bit of guess work sometimes.

What I'm looking for is some sort of training program in the form of an interactive cdRom that will help me understand what's really going on in the system.

The skills i wish to learn are things like using subcooling and superheat to troubleshoot and charge for example. I've researched it but the readings I get from systems that are working or not don't seem to make much sense. It's not just superheat and subcooling, I also wish to learn more about using compressor amps as a diagnostic tool, condenser air temperatures, etc. I want senarios that I can work through and then have the answers to why certain readings are as they are, and so on.

I must mention that I live in the UK. I have seen a few training CDs but they all seem to be American or Canadian with no way of me getting them. And even if I could I want them to be relevant to the equipment I work on. And in Celsius and psi or bar. SI units.

If anyone has any recommendations on where I can get what I'm looking for I would be very greatful.

Thanks in advance.

Sam.

install monkey
26-07-2012, 10:20 PM
do a week with monkeyspanners- that will help- check out his educational vids on you tube!!

samisonfire
26-07-2012, 10:36 PM
All that comes up when I search monkeyspanners on YouTube is the Foo Fighters and monkey wrench!
Could you post a link possibly?

Cheers.

install monkey
26-07-2012, 10:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/heavydiesel?feature=g-all-u

All that comes up when I search monkeyspanners on YouTube is the Foo Fighters and monkey wrench!
Could you post a link possibly?

Cheers.

texanul
29-07-2012, 01:05 PM
If you can spent 1000 euros i can recomand Kotza software.

SeanB
26-08-2012, 05:18 PM
I am loving the video posted by heavydiesel/monkeyspanners. love the nice english countryside and him moaning about traffic early in the morning. Towns are so close there, here you can do 200km between towns, and to travel from one end of the unicity to the other is over an hour on the freeway at 120kph.

RANGER1
26-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Samisonfire,
If you go to forums, then fundamentals, then refrigeration 101 post it may be a start.
Gary the original poster has his own site where you can buy his books which are very helpful.

moideen
27-08-2012, 05:49 AM
Samisonfire, If you go to forums, then fundamentals, then refrigeration 101 post it may be a start.Gary the original poster has his own site where you can buy his books which are very helpful.it is true, 101 is the great post..........Moideen-Dubai

eggs
27-08-2012, 09:40 AM
Gary, a long time member on here is the author of a book " Tech Method (http://prostores1.carrierzone.com/servlet/techmethod_com/StoreFront)" I keep a copy in the van.

Eggs