PDA

View Full Version : Cold room 2 room but one thermostat

SPBDASAN
20-07-2012, 10:05 AM
Hi,
I want to do the design for one cold room system. Cold room is having 2 rooms (one meat room and another one is fish room) with partition but FCU is only one. That means we have one FCU but want to control the two room’s temperature. In this case, I want to put 2 sensors (want to place both rooms) but thermostat should be one. does any one know please provide solution for it.
Thx

The Viking
20-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Lots of different ways of doing that, neither of which will give a stable environment for the fish or the meat...

Simplest way would be 2 old fashioned electromechanical room thermostats wired in parallel with each other.

:cool:

Sandro Baptista
21-07-2012, 12:40 AM
I agree The Viking. You can use DANFOSS thermostats from DANFOOS KP or RT type. It's the cheapest manner.

Sandro Baptista
21-07-2012, 12:41 AM
Sorry. I meant DANFOSS (not DANFOOS).

Dunno_Daikin
21-07-2012, 02:40 PM
How does air move between the room with an evap (FCU) and the other room without the FCU?

RONB
21-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Call me thick if my comment is wrong. How can you get two different room temperatures in the same room from one evaporator. Surely the highest temperature setpoint governs the total room temp.

smpsmp45
22-07-2012, 05:02 AM
The air circulation seems to be the issue. So also as rightly pointed out the control shall be based on one of the rooms - Thermostat sensor location.

SPBDASAN
23-07-2012, 02:29 AM
How does air move between the room with an evap (FCU) and the other room without the FCU?

Hi, there is some opening between 2 rooms for air circulation.

Yuri B.
23-07-2012, 06:19 PM
The evaporator being in the coldest room, a timer is constantly swapping (every 5 min, for instance) the thermostat's input between 2 sensors placed in each room. In the partition is placed a fan receiving the command to cool the warmer room (that is, to throw into it the cooled air).

Yuri B.
23-07-2012, 06:30 PM
Of course the fan closer to the floor but an opening for the return air near the ceiling. Have never seen anything like this, but can imagine such a construction.

Sandro Baptista
23-07-2012, 11:53 PM
If half of the evaporator/half of the fans is on each compartment the you could activate the respective fans wherever its compartment demands cool.

Please use a liquid separator if you use this solution.