PDA

View Full Version : 3 question

kefah
16-07-2012, 08:12 PM
hi every one
i have 3 question
1- i have a window type 2 ton air conditioner
i noted that the filter dryer concentrated into 4 capillary tube
3 capillary connected to evaporator and one to the bottom of compressor so my question what is the utility of the one that connected to bottom of compressor

2- if i replaced the compressor with new one and removed the 4th capillary that was connected to the bottom of old one did that will effect the work of air conditioner

3- as you know 4 ton split unit contain heater in bottom of compressor for heating the oil of compressor in the iced ( cold ) area
why the 2 ton split does not contain compressor oil heater

knighty
17-07-2012, 12:43 AM
are you sure that was a dryer and not an oil separator ?

(4th pipe returning oil to the compressor)

JoeAT50A
17-07-2012, 03:43 AM
hi every one
i have 3 question
1- i have a window type 2 ton air conditioner
i noted that the filter dryer concentrated into 4 capillary tube
3 capillary connected to evaporator and one to the bottom of compressor so my question what is the utility of the one that connected to bottom of compressor
There are two types of liquid and suction line filter driers for air conditioning system. I don't think that a Window type air-conditioner required filter drier.

2- if i replaced the compressor with new one and removed the 4th capillary that was connected to the bottom of old one did that will effect the work of air conditioner

It must be oil return. Without this, himm... compressor life span will shorten.
We are in the puzzle that why just a window type AC required all these.

3- as you know 4 ton split unit contain heater in bottom of compressor for heating the oil of compressor in the iced ( cold ) area why the 2 ton split does not contain compressor oil heater

Total refrigerant requirement for this residential AC is pretty low, most 2 to 3 kg for entire system.
Some compressors come with heating elements to warm up for winter. No need to have crankcase heater.
For cooling, you need not to heat up at all if your compressor shell temperature is above 21 or 22 degree-C.

Hope this help.

kefah
17-07-2012, 07:30 PM
yes im sure its filter

kefah
17-07-2012, 07:32 PM
There are two types of liquid and suction line filter driers for air conditioning system. I don't think that a Window type air-conditioner required filter drier.
i saw this window type ac contain filter connecting capillary tube to condenser

kefah
17-07-2012, 07:33 PM
you mean by
Total refrigerant requirement for this residential AC is pretty low, most 2 to 3 kg for entire system.
Some compressors come with heating elements to warm up for winter. No need to have crankcase heater.
For cooling, you need not to heat up at all if your compressor shell temperature is above 21 or 22 degree-C.
that 4 ton contain oil heater because of large quantity of *****

JoeAT50A
18-07-2012, 02:32 AM
Yes amount of oil and ***** are small for residential especially for 2 tons that easier to manage with heating element even for winter.

I am not urging whether filter drier required or not for your A/C. In general I have never seen this complicated window type self-contained air conditioning system before.

install monkey
18-07-2012, 10:11 PM
can you not get any manufacturers info? even a parts manual will comfirm whether its a drier or a oil sep.

kefah
18-07-2012, 10:15 PM
man
the device is filter dryer its place between condenser and evaporator

so what is the utility of the 4th capillary tube that connected to compressor

kefah
18-07-2012, 10:21 PM
are you there installmonkey
what about other question

install monkey
18-07-2012, 10:22 PM
possibly to inject a small ammount of liquid at 30deg to keep the oil warm and thin or if low ambients then will act as liq injection to increase the suction pressure

kefah
18-07-2012, 10:24 PM
ok what about removing it if install new compressor

install monkey
18-07-2012, 10:29 PM
go for it,but i recommend fitting a crankcase heater to keep the oil warm -wired via an auxillary contact on the compressor magnetic switch- if it gets cold at night in iraq,i know it gets cold in afghanistan according to si parker and mike nelson in aus is complaining about the snow

kefah
18-07-2012, 10:50 PM
the weather is different in iraq
in summer its 50 c
in winter its about 10 to 5 c

install monkey
18-07-2012, 10:53 PM
fit the heater to be on the safe side- typically u want 20-80watt or whatever is available will do- try to wire it so its only on when the compressor isnt running

the weather is different in iraq
in summer its 50 c
in winter its about 10 to 5 c

kefah
18-07-2012, 10:55 PM
what about 3rd q

3- as you know 4 ton split unit contain heater in bottom of compressor for heating the oil of compressor in the iced ( cold ) area
why the 2 ton split does not contain compressor oil heate

install monkey
18-07-2012, 11:00 PM
because ur 2 ton unit has the capillary line to squirt a small ammount of liquid into the compressor to keep the oil warm , as theres more oil in the 4 ton unit then an electric heater is used to warm the oil. if your going to replace the compressor and remove this capillary then fit a heater to compensate, hope this translates well

kefah
18-07-2012, 11:06 PM
because ur 2 ton unit has the capillary line to squirt a small ammount of liquid into the compressor to keep the oil warm , as theres more oil in the 4 ton unit then an electric heater is used to warm the oil. if your going to replace the compressor and remove this capillary then fit a heater to compensate, hope this translates well

here im not talking about my 2 ton ac
im talking generally
aftenly manufacturer design 4 ton split unit with compressor oil heater
and 2 ton split unit without it why i am asking

kefah
19-07-2012, 09:09 PM
about the type of the window type ac its hitachi

kefah
17-01-2013, 11:10 PM
please close the thread

chillerman2006
17-01-2013, 11:26 PM