PDA

View Full Version : Thermo King TS200 Fault Codes 25 and 61

Chris2005
13-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Hi All

I am having problems with a TS200 bringing up fault codes 25 and 61 constantly ,

To try and cure the problem I have checked all the alternator and battery wiring which was ok'

I have also tried the things below with no success

Replaced the alternator
Replaced the battery
Tried a microprocessor from a different lorry
Tried a relay board from a different lorry

The only thing that stopped the problem for 2 days was changing the in cab controller from a different lorry.

The controller that was in the lorry was saying the battery had 9.9 volts present but there was 12.6 at the relay board.

When I put in cab controller from another lorry the voltage went to the proper voltage and everything worked great for 2 days.

I have to go back tomorrow to check it again , I am thinking it maybe a problem on the plug that goes into the cab controller .

This is the only thing that seem to stop the problem for a few days when this plug was moved to put on the replacement controller.

Before this was done the unit would only run for a few minutes then fault codes 25 and 61 would appear.

Regards

Chris

cadwaladr
14-07-2012, 12:50 AM
try replacing the on/off switch that is attached to the fridge unit its situated on the nearside of the unit.

Chris2005
14-07-2012, 12:59 AM
Hi
I had a look at the switch the other day but did not replace it as it is the new style switch with the cable sealed into the back of switch.

Do these switches also give problems?

Regards

Chris

gravy258
14-07-2012, 03:39 AM
yes the switches corrode and cause a voltage drop, the voltage goes thru the switch to the in-cab controller.

Is the plug where the in-cab lead plugs into at the relay board OK, there a bit flimsy. Otherwise check it all the way to the cab in case somthing has rubbed thru the shielded cable (unlikely) or where all the excess cable is spooled up.

If you say you tried another controller and it was OK, this could be the problem.

cadwaladr
14-07-2012, 02:19 PM
bypass the switch if you have the diagram i have done so many regular cause of your fault.

cadwaladr
14-07-2012, 02:29 PM
to bypass the switch yellow to purple,white to black,cap the red hope this sorts it let us know i hate suspense!

Chris2005
23-07-2012, 11:28 PM
Hi everyone

You have hit the nail on the head with the switch, replaced it about one week ago and have heard nothing about it since.

I never even thought of checking the switch as I thought the new style switch cured this problem.

Thanks very much for all your help you have saved me lots of time.

Best Regards

Chris

cadwaladr
24-07-2012, 02:20 AM
Hi everyone

You have hit the nail on the head with the switch, replaced it about one week ago and have heard nothing about it since.

I never even thought of checking the switch as I thought the new style switch cured this problem.

Thanks very much for all your help you have saved me lots of time.

Best Regards

Christhanks for letting us know how it went,

Thor
09-10-2012, 10:51 AM
thanks for letting us know how it went,

Hi,

Sorry for the intrussion , but I have a similar problem in a unit "thermo king md ii sr"

First of all, sorry for my english, not my native language.

Days ago, the driver of the truck noticed that the digital display of the Thermoking Unit went off, and did not turn on for days. Yesterday I was checking the fuses and the connections, but all seems to be good. From the analog panel in the unit, I tried to turn on with no luck, and I checked the fuses, too.

But fortunately,after all of this and that, I did something good (dunno what), and the digital panel went to life and turned on.

Now on the display, I can see a Warning flag, with an exclamation, and when I press enter, I see "25" so I assume we are talking about 25 faillure code.

So must be something regarding the alternator, but I read above that it could be the on/off switch. Could someone please guide me and tell me what switch must be checked?

Thank you in advance!

gravy258
09-10-2012, 11:36 AM
it is very common for the wires to break off the alternator from vibration. Check this, then with a voltmeter check alternator is charging. Then compare your reading with what is displayed on the in-cab controller.

The plug at the back of the controller might be loose, or loose where it connects in the control box.

Thor
09-10-2012, 12:15 PM
it is very common for the wires to break off the alternator from vibration. Check this, then with a voltmeter check alternator is charging. Then compare your reading with what is displayed on the in-cab controller.

The plug at the back of the controller might be loose, or loose where it connects in the control box.

Thanks for your prompt answer.

The main problem is that the unit does not ignit. I mean, I can see the panel on, but the engine does not start.

Should I check the voltage in the Alternator conection in order to see some resistance? I think I can put 12 v directly from batery to alternator in order to see whats happend.

As I sais, the main problem is that I canīt turn on the engine of the unit.

Best Regards,

Thor
09-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Thanks for your prompt answer.

The main problem is that the unit does not ignit. I mean, I can see the panel on, but the engine does not start.

Should I check the voltage in the Alternator conection in order to see some resistance? I think I can put 12 v directly from batery to alternator in order to see whats happend.

As I sais, the main problem is that I canīt turn on the engine of the unit.

Best Regards,

Any idea?:rolleyes:

cadwaladr
10-10-2012, 01:02 AM
Clear the code and the unit should start

Thor
10-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Clear the code and the unit should start

Thanks! How cal I clear the codes? Sorry, Iīm veru new to this.

BEst Regards,

cadwaladr
10-10-2012, 07:20 PM
press select,by the way i guess the display is flashing so press select the the equals until 00 appears turn it off then on again and no triangle should be on the display and it should start,may be a good idea to charge the battery prior.

ASBAKIR
15-01-2013, 02:30 PM
HI
I have problme with alarm 63 in thermo king unit model TS500 , when check the alarms codes found out the reson is (engine or vapor motor stopped), so pleas to help me for solved this problme

Best Regurds
Bakir

cadwaladr
15-01-2013, 07:00 PM
that code can be so many things ,fuel starvation,fuel blockage,clear the code as said in earlier post and monitor unit for even running.

waterskidog
20-01-2013, 05:54 AM
Check every inch of the fuel system. Also check the stop solenoid on the engine fuel injection pump. This could be to many things to list. Because if it is electrical it will get very difficult because ground, wire harness, and relay board.