PDA

View Full Version : Haier HRF-368A sensor problem

Floyd
13-07-2012, 01:20 PM
How do you replace temperature sensors on a Haier HRF-368A fridge/freezer? The sensor cables go through the foam injected insulation and cannot be pulled. Display is reading 10deg C and the refrigerator cabinet temperature is actually 2deg. and with a thick layer of ice forming on the fridge evaporator.The temperature is set at 6 deg.C therefore one of the sensors must be failing. This unit comes with 4 sensors:- Fridge, Space, Freezer and Ambient sensor. Could anyone help please?:confused:.
Regards
Floyd

tonto33
13-07-2012, 08:32 PM
yup pay for my plane tickets and we come over and fix it for ya :o

Floyd
14-07-2012, 12:43 PM
As they say " it takes all sorts to make a world"... and idiots are one of a kind!:o

tonto33
14-07-2012, 05:05 PM
yep but this idiot knows how to fix them and not to buy cheap chinese **** in the first place

Tayters
15-07-2012, 12:43 AM
Hi Floyd

If you can't pull the sensor out because it's stuck in the foam you might try cutting the probe tip off inside the fridge and solder/crimp the new one in and waterproof with heat shrink. Might not look pretty but will do the job.

If a thermistor is misreading then also bear in mind there could be a fault with the PCB. I work on AC so can't be specific to your unit but all AC units (so far!) I've checked have a 5V DC feed to the probe - measurement taken when probe disconnected.

Cheers,
Andy.

PS - Good comeback by the way :D