PDA

View Full Version : Micro-Channel Condensers

Coorsman777
10-07-2012, 09:34 PM
Any one have any experience with Micro-channel condensers? Either in new store applications or retro-fits? I had heard they had problems with leaks? Any reports would be appreciated.

Thanks

NoNickName
11-07-2012, 07:52 AM
I have been using them for some time as condensing coil.
Never as evaporating.
I'm quite happy with the technology. Good performance and helpful in reducing the refrigerant charge.

THE DUDE
19-07-2012, 03:34 AM
I had a Micro Channel condenser on a smaller Heatcraft Cond Unit with a problem. Some of the passes on the Condenser were restricted. This was a result of a system problem, but a Regular Condenser with 3/8" tubes would not have been pluged and the Nasty Stuff would have got caught in the Filter Drier. This was The only Problem on the 15 or so I have serviced.

desA
20-07-2012, 08:29 PM
I had a Micro Channel condenser on a smaller Heatcraft Cond Unit with a problem. Some of the passes on the Condenser were restricted. This was a result of a system problem, but a Regular Condenser with 3/8" tubes would not have been pluged and the Nasty Stuff would have got caught in the Filter Drier. This was The only Problem on the 15 or so I have serviced.

Interesting feedback.

Could blockage perhaps be managed with a filter prior to condenser entry, for these systems?

THE DUDE
21-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Interesting feedback.

Could blockage perhaps be managed with a filter prior to condenser entry, for these systems?

Yes but on smaller systems it dosent seem cost feasible from the MFG standpoint. On larger Rack systems with a Microchannel Condenser I would definitely spec a Coalescent Oil Seperator ( Temprite)