PDA

View Full Version : 150 ton trane screw chiller

miked123
10-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Hey guys,
I have a 150 ton trane screw chiller that has been going off on some oil faults. There are a bunch of ports on the compressors to connect gauges to, however none are labeled and trane is of no help. They will not give up the information, they send me some bull $hit manual tnat tells you nothing. Does anyone have experience with this machine? Its a. Rtac 150
Thankyou in advance
Mike

goshen
10-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Hi
what are these fault codes?
the chiller should discribe what kind of fault this is?
low oil flow?loss of oil?
once you tell us what the nature of these faults are you will get more responses!
if you mail me i will send you the relevant manual..
good luck

tarunenrser58
13-07-2012, 06:34 PM
Hi guys,
Can u explain exact diagnostic it is high oil temp or low oil flow.so we will defenetly help to you also send your email id will send the manual.

install monkey
13-07-2012, 07:40 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?ai8zwflpc99wilz
page 70 shows port connections on compressor- also shows how to check the oil level too

tarunenrser58
14-07-2012, 05:56 PM
i am lookind for trane spare parts do you know where i get.

install monkey
14-07-2012, 06:23 PM
trane.....

i am lookind for trane spare parts do you know where i get.

Johnny Rotten
19-07-2012, 03:15 AM
The original post by miked123 was posted in regards to the machine I am working on.
The machine is a Trane Rtac-155 with remote evaporator. In the diagnostic history the unit had a code of 198 "low oil flow". However, after starting the machine up, I have yet to have that error duplicate. I have had error codes 6b3 "low evap temp" and error
Code 8a "evaporator water flow ( high approach temperature )" these codes shut the unit down on three attempts to start. On the fourth attempt the machine came online and continued to run without trouble. I am wondering why at initial start-up this issue was present.

Grizzly
19-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Hi Johnny
The plot thickens!
Maybe you had some initial cavitation or gas pockets which have now cleared?
Who knows!
All well that ends well eh!
Grizzly

Johnny Rotten
19-07-2012, 01:22 PM
A high fives to install monkey for that manual. That was a huge help in regards to oil level assessment. Thanx for that!! Grizzly - the machine is a runn'in... We will see what today brings....!

Johnny Rotten
20-07-2012, 01:53 AM
Turned out the unload solenoid on compressor 2A was not functioning properly due to the coil of solenoid was not fully seated on shaft of solenoid. Chiller is up and runn'in...