PDA

View Full Version : Need an AC for home to cover max 650 square feet(60 square meters)

andrewz
08-07-2012, 05:44 PM
Hello,

I hope it does not too ridiculous to ask this here but I just hope it's a good place.
I want to buy an AC for my apartment and install it in the lobby to cover a max of 450 square feet area(40 sq. meters), representing few rooms.

Which BTU is recommended for this area? My calculations show aprox. 20000 BTU(I took into account 2 persons and 2 computers). I only need the AC for cooling during summer.

I have no idea which brand to choose, there're so many.
I was thinking about choosing between Daikin and Hitachi but not sure which, each have different range of products.

Can you give me few suggestions please?

For example, I was thinking about choosing one from these 20,000BTU cooling models:

FTXN60K
FTX60GV
FTXS60G

These 3 are shown as being part of Oki, Comfort and Professional ranges.

There's also a 24,000BTU one which got my attention: FTX71GV

I have no experience with AC, I read for example that beside the brand it's also very important how the AC is installed by the company doing the AC installations.

Any advice would be great!

Thank you

install monkey
08-07-2012, 09:29 PM
the daikin wall mount says it will do a room 40m2 but the air throw off a wall mount is only 3mtr
mitsi mr slim units qall mounts have an airflow of 7mtr!- (based on the 10kw)
an underceiling unit will throw air 8mtr
daikin do an underceiling cassette which if placed centrally only hangs from the ceiling 200mm and will throw air 5mtr on all 4 sides
fuq b8
http://www.daikin.co.uk/products/index.jsp?singleprv=FUQ-B8&pf=0
even better a ducted unit or cassette-as you can duct off both if req but u need access to the roofspace if possible

andrewz
09-07-2012, 07:29 AM
thanks for the message, but it does not help me at all....

Slim R410a
09-07-2012, 10:57 AM
In the UK we will mainly install the Daikin FTXS60G out of the 3 examples you have given.

The FTX60GV is called the low inverter (cheaper version of the FTXS) - the maximum pipe run is usually restricted on these and they have a minimum operating temperature of +10deg outdoor. (FTXS is -10degC) This is usually no good for UK conditions.

Looking breifly at my Daikin price list the low inverter gives a vertical pipework rise of 0m, obviously this will be no good if you indoor unit is higher/lower than the outdoor!

If you can afford the extra then stick with the FTXS. Or look at Mitsubishi MUZ-GE60VA?
What is you required indoor temp (degC) and what is your maximum outdoor temp in summer?

andrewz
09-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the message Slim R410a!

So, if I understand correctly, you say that FTX60GV can only work when there's at least 10deg outside?
No matter if it's cooling or heating? This would be very bad
Where can I read these specs?

For indoor I am thinking to have something normal, I don't know, 25 degC? Now it's summer and outside is 37 degC.

andrewz
09-07-2012, 02:42 PM
I checked what you said in the manual for FTX60GV1B
It operates on cooling for outdoor temperatures between -10,46 and on heating for outdoors temps between -15,18

So what were you saying, I don't understand, I am confused.
I really was under impression this is a good forum :)

Slim R410a
09-07-2012, 03:14 PM
The FTX60GV with RX60GV outdoor unit operates in cooling above +10degC and operates in heating down to -10degC.

The FTXS60G with RXS60GV outdoor unit is -10degC and -15degC respectively.

I think you have the RX mixed round with the RXS?

My info is from my 2011 price list and general catalogue. (UK)