PDA

View Full Version : Bitzer gasket

Renato RR
14-12-2005, 03:50 PM
We have chiller with Bitzer compressors and resantly we found broken gasket betwen high side of valve plate and lov side.The gasket is all burn out.Evereting sims normal 3 days ago the suction pressure 3,1 bar gauge,discharge pressure 18,6 bar gauge.Subcooling 3 C,superheat on suction 8 C,superheat on discharge 25.Current is normal and voltage to.(R 407C ,BSE 32 oil)
Did someone find something similar on Bitzer compressor.

renato

Peter_1
14-12-2005, 07:20 PM
If it's the smallest piece on the gasket between LP and HP, then it's many times due to pumping of non compressibles (oil or refrigerant) which occurs sudden for some reason.
The Prestcold's and older DWM's had many times the same failure.

bernard
14-12-2005, 08:08 PM
Hi I have a carlye compressor that was tripping on oil pressure,also the discharge from the compressor was only warm.I removed one of the head to find the gasket between the head and valve plate to be very brittle and broken.I changed the valve plates and gaskets and the compressor work well for about 24 hrs but now it trips on oil every 2 hours.Would this be for the same reason.

Regards Bernard

SteveDixey
16-12-2005, 09:05 PM
I changed the valve plates and gaskets and the compressor work well for about 24 hrs but now it trips on oil every 2 hours.Would this be for the same reason.

Regards Bernard

The main reason I found the Carlyle comps running on R408A I looked after doing that was because the oil suction strainer was clogged. Used to clog up over an hour or so, and then trip. Then if left to stand, some of the dirt would fall off, and the machine would be able to be reset and then start ok for another hour or two. Eventually, the strainer screen would tear, and new ones cost :eek: plus VAT.

Steve

kaelte_technik
03-11-2010, 07:00 PM
Normally if you will have broken gasket at the discharge is it is pumping liquid refrigerant instead of gas or oil. did you check your valve plates? or you have tx valve into the unit which is flooded so liquid is coming back to the compressor.

lawrence1
04-11-2010, 10:08 AM
that post is 5 years old