PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu AOT60UMAYT minimum temperatuer

pro-logic
08-07-2012, 02:50 AM
Hello Experts,

I'm a home owner with a Fujitsu AOT60UMAYT outdoor unit, and a ART series indoor unit.

According to the manual the minimum indoor temperature I can set on the unit is 16 Celsius.

This is actually higher than I would like. I would like to have the option to set the temperature around 10-12 Celsius.

Is there a option - somewhere in the service menus - to lower the "minimum" temperature?

If anybody knows, could you also let me know how to unlock the option to measure the temperature on the remote?

Thanks for any and all help!

install monkey
08-07-2012, 03:01 PM
unit is designed for 21 deg- the controller range is 16-30 deg- push the test button on the controller will run continuous for a short time bypassing the temperature sensed by the return air thermistor
- but is ur unit actually working ok,are filters clean?

martinw58
08-07-2012, 05:45 PM
to run at that tempreture you need a fridge unit not air conditioning

monkey spanners
08-07-2012, 11:22 PM
If you can fool the return air sensor that the air is warmer then it will cool to a lower temperature, BUT it may cause other problems, freezups, condensation, compressor problems etc or it might not even reach your desired temperature.

pro-logic
09-07-2012, 03:32 AM
The unit works fine, all nice and clean.

I forgot to point out. I'm in Australia, it's winter, the unit is in heating mode, and 16 as a 'minimum' is too HIGH a temperature...

But thanks for the info. Will try to bypass the factory lock on remote temperature sensor later today.

The Viking
09-07-2012, 06:01 PM
Aha...

So you want to use it as some sort of frost protection...

Now, I'm fairly sure Fujitsu makes an interface (UTR-YESA?) to be used for external ON/OFF functions, like fire alarms or key card switches in hotel rooms.
If this will fit your unit you could easily connect it to an external thermostat to control the AC unit ON/OFF so that if it is warmer than your 10-12ºC your AC unit would be OFF.

:cool:

ulusker
13-07-2012, 02:26 PM
I have read this post and I was thinking about another solution, what about to use one of the modules which I found here http://www.impromat.cz/KLIMA/user_data/PDF/ACC_EN_screen.pdf, I'm sure I heard from my colleague that somebody needed similar thing to solve.