PDA

View Full Version : Valve core removal tool

Saljar53
08-07-2012, 02:06 AM
Hi guys,
I got a leaking service valve and I need to replace the core.i need to buy me A valve core tool , i looked over the net , there are many types,any suggestion for a good one?thanks

monkey spanners
08-07-2012, 02:15 PM
C&D, Yellow Jacket and Appion, depends what you can get locally, Just make sure the connection size is the same as your unit, some are 1/4" and some 5/16" depending on R410A or not.

I have a cheap no brand one thats lasted over ten years but it only gets used occasionally.

install monkey
08-07-2012, 02:42 PM
javac ones are dangerous!!!- if had them ping off,dropping gas- returned and the official response was over tightened- got some new ones- same thing is happening- when tightened onto a schraeder core when it comes to taking them off you have to turn the entire core tool as the thing jamms up- once removed a quick bang on the floor and it works as normal- until removal again!!
climate ctr did c&p ones- they were ok, but u used to wear the skin off ur fingers trying to wind in the knurled thumbscrew on the side

Magoo
09-07-2012, 02:07 AM
I use the Yellow Jacket kit, very good service tool, also good for taking oil samples from a semi-hermetic. Kit comes with a temp prob as well.