PDA

View Full Version : leaking evap coil .

bangoman
07-07-2012, 03:34 AM
Hi Guys

Charged Evap coil with OFN to 250psi . Put in water bath .Leak started showing after 2hrs .Dont have the the time to wait tht long .How you think is causing this delay and how to speed things up .My guess would be oil in the system ???Would flashing the coil help ??and what you tradies here in Oz use .

Thanks in advance .

Tesla
07-07-2012, 04:15 AM
There are some newish products on the market available at heatcraft that you add to a system which might have some small leaks to seal them up. One of these products would help explain the delay. You could crank up the pressure to 350 psi. There are I think 7 different types of leaks - pressure dependant, temperature dependant, vibration dependant, vacuum dependant, micro accumulation leaks, combination & another that I forgot. you could check big blu for further info on leaks.

Magoo
07-07-2012, 05:24 AM
You should generally be pressure testing coil at 1.5 times its design working pressure, OFN can change minutely with temp changes. Vacuum testing to 150 microns and holding is an alternative ( or as good as vac pump can acheive )

bangoman
07-07-2012, 07:12 AM
@Tesla ,good read from big blu site ,unfortunately we using a different product at work . Magoo , hw long do I allow the vacuum to hold ?
Thanks guys .

bangoman
07-07-2012, 07:26 AM
I usually allow vacuum to stand for 15mins before charging the system.