PDA

View Full Version : Cellar cooler in the 'Vic

shanes696
13-12-2005, 10:24 PM
Every time you get a scene in the beercellar in the 'Vic on Eastenders I can't help but notice that the fan on the cellar cooler is never on. Tonight Alfie was in there talking to Kat & again it wasn't on. Did he do as a lot of pub employees do & turn it off while he was in there because of the noise? My missus tells me Eastenders isn't actually real but it's keeping me awake at night worrying that the 'Vics customers are being served warm beer;)

slingblade
13-12-2005, 10:48 PM
Every time you get a scene in the beercellar in the 'Vic on Eastenders I can't help but notice that the fan on the cellar cooler is never on. Tonight Alfie was in there talking to Kat & again it wasn't on. Did he do as a lot of pub employees do & turn it off while he was in there because of the noise? My missus tells me Eastenders isn't actually real but it's keeping me awake at night worrying that the 'Vics customers are being served warm beer;)

LOL. .

clivet
14-12-2005, 08:51 AM
I think alfie (ever mindfull of the ambient temp) was thinking about energy saving whilst working with the cellar door open, the cellar door is in fact allways open, and and therefore was probably fitted with a door switch to pump the system down accordingly

Mark
14-12-2005, 11:33 AM
Ive seen a lot of blowers that age wired so the evaparator fan cuts out with the liquid line solenoid or compressor control circuit.

chillin out
14-12-2005, 08:03 PM
Due to age of the system installed, I would have to say that there is no way, in this day in age, it would work.

Cold rooms, freezer rooms and celler rooms are all designed for what they are intended for. Taking into account the estimated door opening times, temp req and items stored.

So I bet they never took a dead man in the floor into consideration!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chillin:) :)

p.s. I bet Marc is an avid fan on the sly:D

shanes696
14-12-2005, 09:03 PM
Due to age of the system installed, I would have to say that there is no way, in this day in age, it would work.

Cold rooms, freezer rooms and celler rooms are all designed for what they are intended for. Taking into account the estimated door opening times, temp req and items stored.

So I bet they never took a dead man in the floor into consideration!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chillin:) :)

p.s. I bet Marc is an avid fan on the sly:D

Didn't consider that avenue. Does anybody know what the specific heat capacity of Dirty Den's decomposing corpse would be?;)

phil68
19-12-2005, 10:43 PM
Didn't consider that avenue. Does anybody know what the specific heat capacity of Dirty Den's decomposing corpse would be?;)
I think I've sussed it. Alfie relies on Kat's bingo wings flapping about to effect air movement through the evap. thus negating the need for the fan to run:D