PDA

View Full Version : Fuijitsu Mini Split Condenser Question

stasbeletsky
01-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Hello, I have a question regarding Guijitsu Mini split system.
I installed everything according instructions except Air Pumping and as I was reading It's required. All valves have not been opened yet. However, I tested indoor unit (turned it on) and it's working fine as fan :) As there is no cooling going into pipes. I will try to pump air out and check all pipe connections. But I noticed that outside unit doesnt start/work or anything. So the question is ..

Is it normal for outside unit to be silent/inactive until valves are opened?

I am hoping after purging air it will work :)

install monkey
01-07-2012, 06:02 PM
as the manual should say - connect wiring and pipes - pressure test ,vac then open service valves- add any additional refrigerant then run system- 3 min delay on outdoor unit running from a demand for cool/heat if not at setpoint, do not run with valves closed

monkey spanners
01-07-2012, 06:16 PM
Hello, I have a question regarding Guijitsu Mini split system.

Is it normal for outside unit to be silent/inactive until valves are opened?

I am hoping after purging air it will work :)

Its not normal to run the system with the service valves shut...

Hope is a wonderful thing, sometimes its all we have.

Best fully follow the instructions, if you are not a tech then its best to get someone qualified to commision the system for you or it will be nothing but trouble.

r.bartlett
01-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Poor unit... :-(

stasbeletsky
01-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Is it often that outside (or inside) unit malfunctioned? Is just bad luck? Covered by warranty?

Basically I purged air, tighten all connection (it was a little leak) and opened valves. So system has been charged. But outside unit is still silent.

Calling some contractors to see it in couple days.

Kev The Tool
02-07-2012, 12:16 AM
good luck with that, warranty should be void as not installed by a qualified engineer.

stasbeletsky
03-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Hey, thanks all for replies :) Basically problem was with power line ... I put 110 ... and unit (of course) didnt run except indoor fan, so i set another line (double breaker/fuse) for 220 and it works just fine... my stupid mistake... thanks again :)

frank
03-07-2012, 08:12 PM
[QUOTE=stasbeletsky;261649] it works just fine... [\quote]
For now.....but don't expect longivity :eek: