PDA

View Full Version : Daikin FDXS50C indoor ducted disassembly diagrams / service manual?

bogof
30-06-2012, 07:12 PM
I can't find anywhere a teardown guide for the FDXS50C unit; I'd like to take it apart to be able to thoroughly clean both sides of the coil and drain pan. It seems like you should be able to get in from the bottom, dropping the drain pan out, but it is captured on a clip feature at the back edge of the pan on the wall between the fan assembly and the evaporator chamber, and I don't want to force it out of the clip as it seems like the styrene pan will break easily. Or is the way in from the back, removing the fan assembly?

The service guides I have found show teardown instructions for the outdoor units, but only PCB details for the indoors.

Thankyou! :)

install monkey
30-06-2012, 10:28 PM
leave the drip tray in place- remove the filter and fan scroll-in 1 peice dont undo the clips on the motor mounts- then you will have full access to the dirtier side of the coil- use either compressed air or notrogen ( ensure well ventilated-as it can be fatal) or coil cleaner which will then collect in the drip tray- maybe pull the drain plug to collect the dirty liquid

bogof
30-06-2012, 11:52 PM
Thanks, I'll have to look at it again tomorrow as it seemed to me that while the fan+filter portion at the back should be removeable, the way the various sheet metal parts are connected together probably means the unit has to come off the mounting rails it is on to do this? I was hoping to do it without disturbing the refrigerant side.