PDA

View Full Version : spartaflex - flexible refrigerant hoses

assailant
30-06-2012, 11:05 AM
this is another innovation that came back from the ARBS expo in melbourne last month:

http://www.spartaflex.com

its a flexible hose with pre terminated flare fittings at set lengths of hose.

designed for use with r410a and r134a, the hoses come in pre set lengths and have a better insulation rating than paired copper.

im going to give these a try and see how much quicker than paired pipe they are on some aircon installs.
the pricing works out a bit more expensive than paired copper, but should be a whole heap quicker.

has anyone else used these or similar for aircons?

chemi-cool
30-06-2012, 12:24 PM
There are a few problems, life span, direct sun light, the connection between the polymer and the metal.

Apart from that, they are fine. History had shown us that nothing beats copper tubes.

assailant
30-06-2012, 02:48 PM
life span is a difficult one to quantify without spending a lifetime testing.

UV stabilised hose, it cannot possibly be any worse than paired pipe insulation which is rubbish in the aussie sun.

connection between polymer and metal - presumably you are talking about the crimped fitting at each end of the hose? these seem to have worked fine in all manner of vehicles for about ever.

have you used these or similar yourself or are you making general observations?

r.bartlett
30-06-2012, 03:10 PM
I'd use them but if they did a crimping tool that could be a deal maker..It would also be good in Hot works critical area's.

No insulation is a concern and I would like to see it in a hot humid room with the unit on full cooling before I was convinced.

Bigfreeze
30-06-2012, 10:56 PM
Be nice to see them with brazeable copper ends too because flare nuts limit the application to AC units. These would be ideal for DX heat pumps if they had that option and came a bit longer.

stufus
01-07-2012, 12:01 AM
Parker have been making this stuff for years.They called it stratoflex!
But you could buy it in 50mtr coils and terminate on site at desired lenght.with flare fittings
Cheers
Stu

assailant
01-07-2012, 01:40 AM
I'd use them but if they did a crimping tool that could be a deal maker..It would also be good in Hot works critical area's.
i agree, a battery operated crimping tool would be ideal - no need to coil up excess length.

Be nice to see them with brazeable copper ends too because flare nuts limit the application to AC units.
true. i cant think of many units that would use a 1" flare nut.. everything that size is brazed

Bigfreeze
01-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Parker have been making this stuff for years.They called it stratoflex!
But you could buy it in 50mtr coils and terminate on site at desired lenght.with flare fittings
Cheers
Stu

Stu, would you have a link to that product. I've visited the website but can't seem to find that exact product. Seems Stratoflex covers an entire product range

B G Scott
02-07-2012, 11:23 AM
We have used a product from Air Care with the trade name of FLEXiFAST no problems to date, very quick to install but as mentioned above pity that it does not have a copper termination option instead of the flare, FC or CC fittings.
Air Care are St Austell, I don't have a web link however.

stufus
02-07-2012, 11:18 PM
Sorry BF Can't find anything.
It's a few years since I used it,used to get it off Fridge Spares years ago 1/4 up to 3/4 and then got it through Tanson (I think).
I'm sure it's still available somewhere, but fooked if I know where.
Cheers
Stu

Stu, would you have a link to that product. I've visited the website but can't seem to find that exact product. Seems Stratoflex covers an entire product range

B G Scott
03-07-2012, 06:42 AM

Try this one, its not the name you mentioned but you may find it a help.
http://www.acglobaluk.com/

AC Global
24-07-2012, 04:53 PM
Hello there - just found this thread whilst doing some searches on the products we distribute and thought I would just let you know that our product FLEXIFAST is readily available from ourselves and the FLEXIFAST product guide is directly downloadable here:

In answer to some of the queries:
Yes it does come in sizes from 1/4inch - 5/8inch
It is approved for use with most refrigerants with safe working pressure of 60 Bar
Carries a Class 1 (the highest) classification within EU directive prEN378
Is available with copper sweat connections see page 6 of the product guide
Although the majority of the FLEXIFAST we sell is sold to length we do supply a battery operated crimper for self assembly - see page 19 of the product guide.

Many thanks for the kind recommendations FLEXIFAST from RE users and apologies for not being 'visible' enough on the web for users to be able to find this revolutionary product quickly and easily !

sawtell
22-08-2012, 08:34 AM
Still would like to see how it holds up in 43degree heat with R410a inside and no insulation. Whats the heat transfer like between the hoses and the refrigerant?

Chris_
24-09-2012, 09:20 PM
We have used the FLEXIFAST hose and fittings from AC Global, made to length on site with crimper, on a good few jobs now including 410a systems running in climates such as Dubai, Egypt, south Africa etc all with good results!!

kefah
05-10-2012, 10:49 PM
We have used the FLEXIFAST hose and fittings from AC Global, made to length on site with crimper, on a good few jobs now including 410a systems running in climates such as Dubai, Egypt, south Africa etc all with good results!!

at any temp u tested this hoses in Egypt and Dubai and for how many dayes