PDA

View Full Version : mitsubishi fault

techni
12-12-2005, 08:09 PM
Has any body come across a fault on Mitsubishi cassette unit U8?

aeb200
12-12-2005, 08:22 PM
My "k series" manual saya the follwing:

"U8 is no fault (factory setting)"

U faults are generally to do with outdoor units,
has the outdoor unit pcb been replaced and not setup properley????

does the unit run??

aeb200
12-12-2005, 08:28 PM
further to my last post

if the display is actually "UA" or "U6" this is compressor overcurrent

also if you have confused with daikin (a U8 on their equip is transmission errror between controllers)

techni
15-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Units runs ok but stops after a couple of days and U8 comes up when you press check button. indoor unit continues to run, press on / off button and it comes back to normal. Have cleared fault on outdoor board.
Techni

dannycool
22-12-2005, 07:42 PM
in the book it says abnomality of outdoor fan motor
so it it is either the fan motor or the pcb

techguy
23-12-2005, 11:28 AM
Hi Techni
U8 is a factory generated code it means nothin if you press the check button and this shows it means there are no faults in the error history. If the unit is stopping and no fault is showing intermittendly then if its a K series check the control voltage on the interconnecting terminals if the voltage is down around 10 volts DC then when the compressor starts there is a voltage drop and the outboard locks up but no fault shows. Hence the u8 its a difficu;lt one to sort as its the starting draw on the compressor that causes the drop U may have tofit a 12 volt Dc power supply to the outdoor and use the existing control signal to switch some small relays for control. I have also had it when the remote conrrol cable is passing over emrgency lighting in the ceiling the signal gets interrupted by the magnitic field around the power supplies for the lights just reroute the cable if this the case.
hope this helps
regards
T

techguy
23-12-2005, 11:30 AM
Excuse the spelling Christmas party last nightIm suffering badly