PDA

View Full Version : Green and coo CO2l packs receiver level?

cold.man
27-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Anyone on here have any experience with these packs?

I have worked on a few of these packs but to be honest still learning them.

My question is the packs seem to run ok when they have approx 8% liquid level in the reciever.
If the level gets to around say 15 to 20% it tend to get high suction pressure on the LT -21.0 degC 18bar the HT seems to be ok keeps around -7.0 degC 27bar.
discharge pressure seems ok gas cooler fans running at 70% when ramped upto 100% the suction pressure drops a little more but not much when switched back to auto percentage drops and they seem to be controlling ok.
spoke with another engineer on a site today who was having this problem but i didnt get the actual discharge pressure off him.
The level is at 16% in the receiver when he was having this problem not spoke with him since so not sure on the outcome until tomorrow.
Has anyone had this type of problem with these green and cool packs im after advice from somone who has more experience working with these packs.
I am thinking the pack may have been over charged but wouldnt be positive on this as i havent been to the site.
All comps was running 4 x HT and 2 x LT comps.
If anyone could advise me on the liquid level question as it seems when the level in these packs is above 8% the packs seem to struggle below 4% they seem to struggle.

CONROD
02-07-2012, 10:15 PM
Is the receiver actually a receiver or a surge vessel? Not seen these packs - any pics?

NIKK38
15-10-2012, 09:39 AM
I am after the same information for a Minstral LT pack. Awaiting a reply from Green & Cool, I'll update when I get some info.

NIKK38
16-10-2012, 10:17 PM
A full sight glass on the receiver is 10 - 15% liquid level. I know from experience with an LT Pack, that filling above this level leads to problems.