PDA

View Full Version : Zanotti drop in with evaporator fan problem

Cary
12-12-2005, 11:37 AM
Can anyone help with a drop in unit Zanotti unit that states that the evaporator fans are called for on the controll pannel but is not suppying voltage to the fan motors.
I have no experance with these controllers was called onto job at 7pm this evening noticed the fault and tried to back trace the wireing ( without a guide )only to find two wires only from the controller to the unit.
This started me thinking pulse width modulation ,no schematic , late , roof built after coolroom and no axcess .......call for help and come back tomorrow
If anyone can guide me to a site with information in english on these units I would be very grateful.
Merry Christmas to everyone
(dont you love it in the tropics)

Cary
12-12-2005, 11:43 AM
Yes maybe it was the cool refreshing ale that made me forget to include the model number but it was worth it
Model number MSB225N60F
:rolleyes:

Temprite
12-12-2005, 12:05 PM
G'day Cary.

Could be a control board problem.

But dont take my word for it
Ring these people.

Bromic
(02) 97483900
Ask for Gabriella.

They should know.

Regards

saud khan
13-12-2005, 12:31 AM
hi
depending what control it has on it more then likely if the temperature on the evaporator has not reach it set temperature the fan won't work that is if it is a zonotti uniblock unit

saud khan
13-12-2005, 12:40 AM
hi
this is more likely low on refrigerant the evaporator fan will not work if the sensor on the coil does not reach the set temperature

saud khan
13-12-2005, 12:45 AM
hi cary
system could be low on refrigerant or faulty exp. valves
the sensor on the evaporator is not getting the temperature it is set at. first checked the condenser is the temperature hot only on the first few coil if that is the case then it is the exp. valves

fridge51
13-12-2005, 10:23 AM
hi all
uk agent for zanotti units is afr

they can be contacted at

www.afr.co.uk

i have used them considerably and found them extremeley helpful:) :cool:

regards to all
fridge51:cool:

phil thompson
srvice director
F T Refrigeration Ltd

www.ftrefrigerationltd.co.uk

slingblade
13-12-2005, 11:22 AM
Sounds like either fan relay or defrost probe.

shanes696
13-12-2005, 06:41 PM
If the fan is indicated as being on on the controller it's gotta be the relay on the board at fault. A new board I guess, unless you're good at soldering & can get hold of a replacement board relay:confused:

chillin out
13-12-2005, 08:14 PM
Are you sure there is no door switch?

Have you checked for a live coming out of the controller?

Pay for my flight out there and I will come and sort it out for you. Its friggin freezing here.

Chillin:) :)

Cary
14-12-2005, 11:57 AM
[QUOTE=chillin out]Are you sure there is no door switch?

Have you checked for a live coming out of the controller?

Pay for my flight out there and I will come and sort it out for you. Its friggin freezing here.

Love to oblige with the air fair but I think the customer might buck pitty because it is a wonderful caravan park set in the middle of a rural valley and deer farm you would enjoy a refreshing dip in the Yabba river whilst sipping on an icey cold beer.But enough of the daydream.
There is a door switch and it seems operable ,the control pannel shows fans called for but there is no supply coming from the relay on the PC Board.
The suction pressure is 650 kpa (unit running on 404a) when unit is at rest and pressures are equalised and drop down to 220 kpa when running( which seems a bit low to me)I was going to reclaim refrigerant weigh and recharge unit yesterday but a storm caused a blackout and power has only just been restored (28hr).
The bit that has me confused is even with the fans not operating the evaporator has no ice build up and the suction pipe to the compressor does have an ice covering.
Planned of action:
reclaim and recharge
direct wire the evaporator fans
check for bypass on the hot gas defrost solinoid.
Anyone got any other ideas Id be happy to hear.

You pay the air fair and Ill put on the coldies an prawns
;)

Cary
14-12-2005, 12:02 PM
forgot to mention the expansion device is a capillary tube and the fault is supposed to have come on quickly ie within one day.

chillin out
14-12-2005, 08:51 PM
The bit that has me confused is even with the fans not operating the evaporator has no ice build up and the suction pipe to the compressor does have an ice covering.
How bad is the ice on the suction?

I had a freezer that had a snapped capillary just where it went into the suction. No cooling on the evap but a big ball of ice on the suction and the comp.

but there is no supply coming from the relay on the PC Board.
Are you sure it is ment to give you a supply? Does it not just provide a neutral?

Can you get a pic of the controller?

Chillin:) :)

Peter_1
14-12-2005, 10:10 PM
Normally, Zanotti uses Eliwell OEM controllers.
If the LED is on, then the controller is asking for fans.
The probes have nothing to see with this.
If there's a probe fault, you will get a E1 or E2 error.

So, is relay of the fans on the power PCB energised and
if so, relay contacts are broken inside the PCB relay.

Desolder the relay and replace it, the center distances of the holes is allways the same.

You can measure all this on the backside of the PCB.
Is the soldering not loosen from the copper lanes on the PCB?

slingblade
14-12-2005, 10:43 PM
Zanotti use a basis of Carel controllers (both Italian) the fan relay does (from memory) switch the live feed to the fan/s. the defrost probe will read the evap. coil temp. and after a defrost will hold the fans off untill the coil is down in temp. to the programmed set temp. for fan delay. if the evap/defrost probe is faulty then the fans may stay off even though the fan LED says they should run. the quoted model number means nothing to me as ive not worked on one for some time, but i do remember the eng. code to access parameters is 22 like all early Carel controls. also i seem to remember a secret button for access to stop end users fiddling. i may have a carel-zanotti book at the office so i will check when i get time.

regards
Slingblade:)

was the austrailian phone number any help (out of interest)?

Cary
15-12-2005, 12:05 PM
Now it just gets wierd.:confused:
Went back to the job this afternoon (only a storage room for softdrinks so all other breakdowns have priorty) and am greated with "so you fixed it before you left".
Bugger me the room was down to temp unit cycling on temperature setting and evaporator fans working.
So it seems the high evaporator temperature was holding the fans out.... no problem but what was causing the high evaporator temperature?
Could not be refrigerant shortage unless some fridge fairy topped it off during the black out.
Ice clogged evaporator ? I had the evaporator in my hand as I was determining weather it was TX or cappilllary( it was a cap) and could see no ice at all.
The suction pressure when it was faulting was low (200kpa) now it is a respectable 400kpa and the suction pipe is still showing a light frost back to the compressor.
Got me wet.
Do I just take the credit for the fridge fairys work problem is I dont have his/her mobile number for when the call back comes.

slingback did you mean the number from temprite yes it did work ok they emailed me the programing pramaters unfortunitaly for another model but at least they tried

slingblade
16-12-2005, 05:48 PM
HI, i now suspect you had a restriction somewhere and the lack of liquid flow through the evap. would not drop the temp. this would then stop the fans from running due to high defrost probe temp. the blockage has now cleared (oil in capillary/stuck expansion valve?) and the problem is solved.

slingback

That's Slingblade mate.

cheers.

Abe
16-12-2005, 09:28 PM
What do you mean by " high Evaporator temperature? "
What was the temperature of the evaporator coil at the time fans were not working

Cary
16-12-2005, 10:01 PM
"
What was the temperature of the evaporator coil at the time fans were not working[/QUOTE]

The temp in the room was 14 so I guess the evaporator would have been 10 to 12 degrees.
The owner has not contacted me to say it has stopped working yet so heres hopeing
(sorry to slingblade from Lary)

Abe
17-12-2005, 12:03 AM
It could have been a multitude of reasons:

Cold Room inadvertently switched off by someone, then restarted

Post defrost............Drainage time inhibiting fans switching on

I can guarrantee you.........It was not a fairy!! :D :D

But glad all is working fine

Cold Consultant
30-10-2007, 09:42 AM
The Zanotti guys in the UK recently took over Hubbard and you can now use their excellent back up for both types of units.
Try calling 01473 892210.

coolhibby1875
31-10-2007, 09:44 PM
hi there i can more or less garentee that the fault is with either the door switch or a missing link on the pcb where the door switch should be wired in i would check there first

on4hf
31-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Hi guys. I had the same problem twice in a few months.
I replaced the controller board and the fans worked again. This was on a MSB225T131F unit.

Eric.

wineman
01-11-2007, 09:37 PM
if its zannoti it probably as a carel controller on it go in to the parameters password to parameters is22 go into fan control and put the fans to run continuos or alter the fan deley temp so fans should come on

wineman
01-11-2007, 09:43 PM
there is as lot of answers to this problem not everyone can b right so lets presume iam KEEP IT SIMPLE MOST FAULTS R