PDA

View Full Version : ashrae handbooks

premnats
10-12-2005, 04:46 PM
hello people,
i had visited the ashrae site..i was wondering..where can i find 39 $ xied by so many times..
and my wallet cant hold that much money..
when the world is progressing towards information to all..only one thing tampers such a thing..money:mad:
is there any place where i can get ashrae handbooks for free:) ..iam in no mood to spend...even my wallet..:(
thanks n love
prem.

premnats
10-12-2005, 05:02 PM
i would like to have a soft copy of the hand book..
i guess it offers very good information..
but the cost is so high..
is there any place where i can download the book
bye nlove
prem

PobodysNerfect
10-12-2005, 07:52 PM
A resourceful person might try a P2P network such as emule...

malik55
10-12-2005, 08:14 PM
Hello premnats,
To get some thing you have to spend some thing, By the way Old versions of ASHRAE handbooks are also a good information stuff and are not much expensive, try to get from used books dealers or ask any member if he is ready to give it.
malik55

botrous
10-12-2005, 10:38 PM
hello people,
i had visited the ashrae site..i was wondering..where can i find 39 $ xied by so many times..
when the world is progressing towards information to all..only one thing tampers such a thing..money
is there any place where i can get ashrae handbooks for free ..iam in no mood to spend...even my wallet..
thanks n love
prem.

I beleive that's illegal

Regards

premnats
11-12-2005, 10:04 AM
no problem if its illegal..
for a man who is just starting his career..nothing is wrong..
when i get money..i will defnitley go for the legal way..
but for now..when iam just starting out..money is a constraint...
ok..but i will try out all these second hand book shops..n some sites and see..if that is ok or not..
otherwise...as boutrous said..its illegal..n i have to look out for some other cheap resources...
bye n love
prem.

premnats
11-12-2005, 10:18 AM
http://www.peci.org/ftguide/WebHelp/appendix_b_functional_testing_guide_resources.htm

take a look at this...
i guess it will be usefull
bye n love
prem

botrous
11-12-2005, 11:47 AM
Permnats , the web is full of legal and free resources , try to search this site (Reimers digital library) and you will find 4 books if you type in the search box "refrigeration" it's free and legal

http://atiam.train.army.mil/soldierPortal/appmanager/soldier/start?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=rdlservicespage

Regards

chillin out
11-12-2005, 12:22 PM
the web is full of legal and free resources ,
i think Sony, IMI, microsoft and all the rest might argue your explaination of the term 'legal'.
For as sure as hell they don`t see P2P filesharing as legal. lol

The web is full of free resources, you just have to search for it, and then find the relavent crack.

Chillin:) :)

Peter_1
11-12-2005, 12:53 PM
every week you can find these book second hand at www.ebay.com

Peter_1
11-12-2005, 01:03 PM
Permnats , the web is full of legal and free resources , try to search this site (Reimers digital library) and you will find 4 books if you type in the search box "refrigeration" it's free and legal

http://atiam.train.army.mil/soldierPortal/appmanager/soldier/start?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=rdlservicespage

Regards
Peter, seems interesting but you need to be a US soldier to login to read the files. Or am I missig something.

TXiceman
11-12-2005, 04:26 PM
1. Check eBay and used book sources.
2. Join ASHRAE and the Guides are free each year. One book is sent out each year, so you will get a set in 4 years. Also, most employeers will pay for you to belong to professional socities.
3. The Guides are copyrighted and ilegal to copy.

Ken

botrous
11-12-2005, 06:34 PM
Peter, seems interesting but you need to be a US soldier to login to read the files. Or am I missig something.

Hi Peter how are you ?
Some of the files are reserved for the US military , most aren't. The refrigeration , electrical , electronics and plumbing books i downloaded are open resources.

for the files where you can see a download icon in the same line click on it , then in the next page right click the file name and save target as . ...
for the one without the icon , click on the file name , in the next page right click on the view bottom (in the middle of the page "wine color") and save target as ... that's it and the files are yours :)

Regards

premnats
13-12-2005, 05:29 PM
hi boutrous.. and the rest of the people
i tried second hand books in kampala..
but they have not heard abt it..
i want to save some money..n then let me see if i can go the legal way...(i guess that would make some of the law loving people happy)
but for now..i have to be satisfied with what boutrous has sug'ted
thanks for helping me out..
bye n love
prem.

premnats
13-12-2005, 05:38 PM
hello people
i guess there would be a wealth of information with some of you
if all the wesites address are posted together..
then i think it would serve the purpose better..
thanks and regards
prem.

botrous
13-12-2005, 08:22 PM
Hi Permnats , Glad that you have choosen to stay in the legal side . . . .
Send me a private message containing your email adress and I'll see what I can send you . . . . .

Regards

premnats
14-12-2005, 05:13 PM
hi boutrous,
have you recived my pm
waiting for your reply..

btb
started painting the systems..
am not following any codes..but just created some little sensible codes myself..
but majority adheres to the codes that i have got from here..but some small adjustments have also been made..
also started the fes system..
had replaced the unload solenoid and some pico fuses
now the system is ok..and running smoothly
is there anyway to weigh the actual amount of ice that is being produced
we use estimation..and that is creating a lot of problems..please advice

nothing else bye n love
prem

flakeiceman
19-04-2008, 07:06 AM
hello people,
when the world is progressing towards information to all..only one thing tampers such a thing..money:mad:
is there any place where i can get ashrae handbooks for free:) ..iam in no mood to spend...even my wallet..:(
thanks n love
prem.

mr.prem r u from India
this is ravisankar from India am doing trade in ice line,
like tube/flake/slurry my mobile no
my mail id
plz feel free to contc me
ravi