PDA

View Full Version : Reefer evaporator fan motor

ricky405jr
19-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Hello all

I'm facing problems regarding Carrier reefer unit, 4 in total, having problems with the evaporator fan motors getting burned-out. And that for all 4 unit's. I wanted to know what is the exact cause for fan motors getting burned? These unit's are the 69NT40- - unit's. I think this is not normal cause every 2 months fan motors burning out here. Volts are between 415v-438v when I'm on the check. Lately one controller gives alarms of humidity, supply, return sensors failure!, this after a Evaporator fan motor(EFM) burn out. Now I put an other controller there and it works good but with one EFM, also differance between supply and return shows this supply= -3 and return =-8. How is this possible?

Waiting for your replies cause I have to fix these reefers

reefermechanic
24-06-2012, 11:59 PM
supply= -3 and return =-8. How is this possible? / two ways for solve your problem. First , evaporator fan motors running wrong direction. Second , evaporator fan motor 1 was burned, if you ask which one EF1 top on display. If ef1 motor burns fan of ef1 will run reverse when ef2 fan motor working.. You check its.

reefermechanic
25-06-2012, 12:13 AM
. I think this is not normal cause every 2 months fan motors burning out here. Volts are between 415v-438v when I'm on the check. / voltage is no good in-range.also have you check how s herz? Pls chdck and note cd 4-5-6-7-8 (code select menu) when compressor working. Good luck. reefermechanic

aussiereefertec
27-06-2012, 12:17 AM
There are numerous causes for evap motors burning out. There can be water in the connecting plug. the fan blade can get iced up, one of the contactors can stick in etc. Now if the return air is colder than supply , the return sensor could have fallen out of its holster. pklease make sure that is secure. Over here we get evap motors burning out all the time. Plain and simple carrier single phase evap motors just aren't that good in comparisson to a daikin motor that is why they are now switching to 3 phase evap motors in their new models. Have these units been sitting around in the yard not operating for a long time? Can you please supply the model numbers of the units in question with the alrms etc for each unit cheers

bruisermac
10-07-2012, 05:49 AM
the contators are pretty crappy and are always overheating the contacts. in the last week alone i have replaced 2 motors and had to hardwire them both due to the connector plug shorting out.

CHECK the connector plug with a meg ohm meter.