PDA

View Full Version : .: Help Me :. How to install wall split air condition with long distance betwen unit

rio.inyol
19-06-2012, 12:15 PM
Need ur help...

i want to install AC 18.000btu/h (Panasonic wall split), but the distance betwen IU and OU is 13-15mtr.
what can i do for keep the AC working properly?

thanks for the answer, and sorry for my bad english....

The Viking
19-06-2012, 02:04 PM
You got a head start, you are online.

Do a web search for Panasonic in your neck of the woods then call them and ask if there is an installer they can recommend that is local to you.

Sorry, but your question put the answer outside the scope of DIY.

Yuri B.
21-06-2012, 07:44 PM
What is recommended in the Installation manual ? (the max distance should be mentioned there)

soleowner
02-12-2012, 09:43 PM
I agree with Yuri.

The installation manual describes the line set length limitations. I would recommend to be well under the line set limit because the system will lose capacity even with the proper additional refrigerant charge.

So if the line set is nearing the system limitation, in your case, the 18k Btu may only have 88% of the capacity to offer.

Also, do not try to improvise a solution without consulting the factory and obtaining written approval. Most inverter driven compressor systems don't take kindly to non-engineered solutions.

Good luck and keep us posted.

gramcor
07-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Increase with one step aspiration pipe diameter , make a very good isolation for liquid pipe , and put supplementary ***** inside , like in technical information ( around 200 grams ).
Best regards .
Cornel

install monkey
07-12-2012, 06:50 PM
post is 6mth old- so hopefully its already fitted!:o

Rob White
08-12-2012, 12:13 AM
post is 6mth old- so hopefully its already fitted!:o

And working perfectly........

Rob