PDA

View Full Version : fs7 gah moisture issues

charlie patt
12-06-2012, 07:03 PM
got a fs7 with moisture problems sorted out the leaking oil level glass on the copeland stby changed drier which for a twin compartment is bloody small left on overnight vac with mag valves open new oil in stby and engine comp 3 months down the line moisture issues. question 1 what have i got to do to stop the bloody orifice nuts running loose on tevs? used flare rings and locktight still run loose 2/ why such small driers gah say dont do a bigger one used on freezer fr compartment chiller on rear time to braize in the tevs? any help guys? r404a danfoss valves hg defrost

djbe
12-06-2012, 08:16 PM
If you can come up with an answer for the nuts on the TEV's coming loose let me know! I have never know it happen to any other brand??

charlie patt
13-06-2012, 09:49 PM
I am in the middle of fitting braize tev and turning them 90 degrees so the water dont run to the thread

cadwaladr
13-06-2012, 10:00 PM
yes i have had this nuts coming loose would swear someone had been there with spanners that loose you could turn with your hand brazing would settle it but make certain you clamp/secure the valve or if its a vibration prob the next will be cracked pipes,on the drier fit a 303 with some pipe mods.

djbe
14-06-2012, 09:12 PM
Could try frost proof flare nuts if you can still get them? If ice causes the problem that is.

cadwaladr
15-06-2012, 12:27 AM
its the temperature change that causes this i am certain,does it happen when hot gas defrost is not fitted ?flare nuts with a shank? why not try wrapping the valve in insulation ?what does GAH say?.

charlie patt
15-06-2012, 08:40 PM
gah no help at mo they say they have no issue but i disagree customer have three of these all in trouble with contiued gas leaks, i believe that when the coils freeze then the ice stays on the tev threads then trucks are switched of and the water flows and sits on the thread of valve then when it fires up the water is frozen and cracks of the flare slowly but as all says you can undo um with your hand, i have braised in two mop danfoss and got the proper danfoss flare nuts the ones with the gaps in to alow the water to flow of i am locktighting the flare nut may regret that one then wrapping it in armaflex tape then change both oils and get rid of that stupid sight glass for oil on stby comp change to a three series drier and vac it all weekend lets sea what that does there aint enough room to turn the tevs but the new 350 351 are cracking of flare nuts on tevs anyway so that wont help keep you informed ta charlie

clivemtk
15-06-2012, 10:35 PM
hi charlie seem to remember tk had similar problems years ago then they varnished or lacqured the nuts and pipes

cadwaladr
15-06-2012, 11:42 PM
carrier xarios brazed valve and a nut on the inlet never had one leak but a bitch to replace.

djbe
16-06-2012, 12:15 AM
carrier xarios brazed valve and a nut on the inlet never had one leak but a bitch to replace.

I find it easier and quicker to drop the evap out on those, may seem a bit of a ball ache for TEV change but saves you setting fire to the insulation or bent up with a cricked neck trying to get the flame in the right place.

djbe
16-06-2012, 12:17 AM
gah no help at mo they say they have no issue but i disagree customer have three of these all in trouble with contiued gas leaks, i believe that when the coils freeze then the ice stays on the tev threads then trucks are switched of and the water flows and sits on the thread of valve then when it fires up the water is frozen and cracks of the flare slowly but as all says you can undo um with your hand, i have braised in two mop danfoss and got the proper danfoss flare nuts the ones with the gaps in to alow the water to flow of i am locktighting the flare nut may regret that one then wrapping it in armaflex tape then change both oils and get rid of that stupid sight glass for oil on stby comp change to a three series drier and vac it all weekend lets sea what that does there aint enough room to turn the tevs but the new 350 351 are cracking of flare nuts on tevs anyway so that wont help keep you informed ta charlie

Well if GAH say they don't have an issue you must be dreaming it ? Usual manufacturer answer. Will be interested to know how you get on.

cadwaladr
16-06-2012, 02:28 AM
I find it easier and quicker to drop the evap out on those, may seem a bit of a ball ache for TEV change but saves you setting fire to the insulation or bent up with a cricked neck trying to get the flame in the right place.good idea and have done a few in that way,after you get one that some goon has put silicone on the top of it!

charlie patt
16-06-2012, 07:43 PM
well just finished it used braize tevs and the danfoss flare flange on the orifice nut still locktight just incase and tilted the tev a little so water dont sit hp tested and wrapped the one flare nut with tape also noticed on the fs that the tev is not suported by any brackets its just sat on the pipework so made some brackets for each evap..... chaange oil on tm comp.... 32 grade and the standby comp also got rid of that very small 084 dual flow drier and got a 304 dual flow in there and just sit the vac pump there till late tomoz when i removed the tev and the cooper was that damaged it looked all kinked and the flare nuts looked oversize no tight fitting i believe they had been out so many times the copper and flare nuts had become distorted its a 09 fs one of the first out on the road lets sea what happens ta charlie