PDA

View Full Version : require the size of door heater for the walk-in freezer

otto2008
11-06-2012, 09:24 AM
Hi, is anybody can help me how to calculate the size of the door heater for the walk in freezer, the heater around the freezer door is 6 meters long, and it was faulty and need to replaced a new one, but the supplier required to know the size or the ohm for this heater, the size of the freezer is 2m x 3m x 2.4m, the working temperature is -20C, so please advice how to determine the size of this heater.
Thanks
lotto :o

smpsmp45
11-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Hi!!!

The size of the door heater has nothing to do with the Room size as such.

Does the door has Four sided frame ( i.e. heater even at the threshold- which it should be!) or Three sided frame.?

Basically the heater length is
2 x h + 2 x w of the door. But since the heater shall be slightly more in length than these calculation, as the clear opening Plus frame size for the door heater.

Basically, you should get parallel heater so there are no issues on exact length etc.

YOu cut as per the requirement. Expcet you may have to check for the Heater diamter as the frame shall have a groove for passing this heater &that shall be deciding factor.

Which make is the door?

otto2008
12-06-2012, 08:17 AM
Hi thanks for your reply,
the freezer has a sliding door, and that is a four sided frame, total perimeter around the door is 6 metres long, and which has a groove to conceal the heater, but the supplier ask me what is the size of the heater I need, for example, 100 watts, 200 watts in 6 metre, so can you tell me what the power of the heater I need?
I am looking forward to hear from you.
Thanks
Regards
Lotto

smpsmp45
12-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Generally you shall need 18 W / rmt heater & Total 6 mt long ( 18 x 6 watt). But we have used upto 24 watts / rmt heater as well.

otto2008
15-06-2012, 09:01 AM
Hi thanks for your advice, it is much helpful to solve the problem.
Thanks
Regards
Lotto