PDA

View Full Version : daikin direct

rbartlett
07-12-2005, 09:19 PM
hot topic around daikin hq i hear is the discussion of D.UK having it's own install and service company

however i understand the talk has gone from 'if' to 'when'

cheers

richard

Argus
08-12-2005, 09:26 AM
The logical progression, I suppose, from all the forms of direct sales that have been attempted and failed in the UK over the years.

________
AMC Straight-4 engine specifications (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/AMC_Straight-4_engine)

techguy
08-12-2005, 10:15 AM
Does'nt supprise me the biggest installer of Aircon in Japan is Daikin.

Whisty
08-12-2005, 11:26 AM
This sounds like an accident waiting to happen. With all of the infrastucture changes that have taken place recently and the adverse impact this has had on service delivery, I cant wait to see what kind of a lash they will make of service and install.

techguy
08-12-2005, 03:10 PM
Hi Guy's
From a buisness perspective it makes perfect sense. They are the Biggest Aircon dealer in the UK. The market is saturated at the moment with new brands coming in and existing brands eroding their market share.

In order to expand there buisness share the logical thing to do is to start installing themselves they can then move into maintenance and service. If its managed correctly it could be a real winner for them.

Mitsu in Ireland have been talking about doing this for years now. Hoewever as they only operate through private dealers it would seriously piss a lot of people off.
However as Diakin have bought out all there dealers in the Uk it could work for them.

frank
08-12-2005, 05:50 PM
However as Diakin have bought out all there dealers in the Uk it could work for them.

Not quite all - Space Air remain independant :)

rbartlett
08-12-2005, 06:05 PM
Not quite all - Space Air remain independant :)

we'll see Frank, we'll see...neils getting on and if daikin europe said "sorry no more kit" then they're stuffed. daikin uk would love another 20m turnover !!

a wee while ago a contractor in B.ham (cool solutions ???) was a daikin dealer too and would undercut everyone else .daikin found that whilst their turnover went up for a while all the other local contractors would quote other sufff as they knew they couldn't get near C.S prices.

However as the years went by C.S turnover went from 10 m down to 1m and daikin dropped accordingly..

apologies if it wasn't cool solutions -prehaps someone can jog the memory here??

therse days margins have been squeezed so tight I don't think there's too much in it for the maunfacturer as it was in the good old days

given daikins structure and the standards they would need to operate i think they'd struggle to compete with -say- a local contractor spec'ing hitachi (perish the thought!!)

of course there's always the way out in which carrier went by paying outragous amounts to buy out the locals.

cheers

richard

chrisstone
09-12-2005, 10:09 AM
Hi

I am not getting any replies from the webmaster in terms of how to pay for advertising roles on the website - if anyone can help me get through to the webmaster that would be helpful. In lieu of that if anyone can help I would be appreciative.I am urgently seeking 3 technical sales engineers 1 of which is circa £40-45k + 5k car allowance + OTE(must have predominantly Industrial and commercial experience i.e Trane, York etc etc) and the other 2 require VRF/VRV experience (ideally into consultancies and contractors) and will pay £35-40k + 10-15k OTE + car.

I want to advertise this role in the normal way but in the meantime am desperate to find the right professionals.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Regards

Chris Stone
Redline Group Plc
01582 450054