PDA

View Full Version : The Burn out and the guy who don't care!

jdunc2301
07-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Hey all!

So we are in the middle of changing some fairly bulky compressors on a unit, was due to a burn out. As to refrigerant charge being low/the cause of the burn out we dont know yet. The company took the decision to isolate the compressor at the service valves and replace only the compressor, no new drier and keep the refrigerant and only add what we recover from the compressor body.

so remove compressor, oil acidity test.......

This was what we got, you could actually see the bits floating about in the jar! Spoke to the bossman who was on site with me...he was more concerned about the corrosion on the contactors....

Told him i think we should be replacing the drier, which obv involves reclaiming all the charge and replacing.... then obviously checking/changing drier as reqd... but dont worry we've put some acid away in the system....:(

Fri3Oil System
07-06-2012, 11:21 AM
excellent title for a horror movie... the eternal burn out! :D

mikeref
07-06-2012, 11:44 PM
What goes around comes around. Be seeing you back on site soon..

install monkey
07-06-2012, 11:50 PM
a company with a similar name to ac 200 changed a 8cylinder trane- craned onto the roof and replaced-new driers etc- after the contract finished we took over-got a call to burning smell- they only forgot to change the 2 contactors- found em welded-with the lil ik41 ik42 silver stickers on-they replaced it under warranty-no crane muppets bounced it up 5 flights of stairs to the roof- prob lasted another 11 month but they did replace the contactors the 2nd time

jdunc2301
08-06-2012, 07:49 AM
Needs all the above doing, i haven't signed the job ticket as its not my job...let the boss take the rap it was his call not to address it there and then...hence my reasons for moving on!