PDA

View Full Version : Air-con Compressor Burnt Due To Wrong Wiring On Capacitor

huntersouls
07-06-2012, 01:46 AM
Hi all;

I need some consult on the compressor burn due to the wrong wiring on the capacitor for air-con. I also attached some comment i get from another source, i need just to confirm is it true on the comment?

huntersouls
07-06-2012, 01:57 AM
Here i also attached the wire diagram also, i think is wrong wiring on the compressor. Where the life and neutral is connected at one side of capacitor and neutral at the another side.9018

Tesla
07-06-2012, 06:41 AM
Hi Huntersouls
In the first picture left is ok, right is wrong. Start Cap should be wired in series & Run Cap should be wired parallell with respect to phase & neutral.
As for the second picture it looks ok to me but...

huntersouls
07-06-2012, 07:08 AM
Hi Huntersouls
In the first picture left is ok, right is wrong. Start Cap should be wired in series & Run Cap should be wired parallell with respect to phase & neutral.
As for the second picture it looks ok to me but...

Thank for the reply but my main question is start would it cause the fan run in reverse direction? cand cause the compressor burn.Thank you

Tesla
07-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Problem is your second picture does not indicate which is start or run winding - there are so many different configurations, if you could check an old kirby service book or other you will see. I have come accross a few wireing diagrams on motors in the past few years that do not show indside winding configuration (start/common/run other) which leads to confusion in wireing externally.

chemi-cool
07-06-2012, 05:22 PM
As Tesla said, left top is right.
It can happens to the most experienced engineer. It have nothing to do with the direction of rotation of the fan, that's another story.

Yuri B.
07-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Fans may run in the reverse direction when the cap is connected to the run (wrong) winding, but, not for very long : the start winding is wound of a thinner wire that would overheat and burn.

Probably, some compressors may too.

alrest
17-06-2012, 04:21 PM
the second picture is right...the capacitor neutral terminal are connected to each other based on the design of the capacitor itself, while the live terminal is on the other side.

Garry123
19-06-2012, 07:54 AM
Capacitor are mostly used to store energy and the release energy. without capacitor you do not imagine any circuit.