PDA

View Full Version : Daikin ~ Winding Down their Customers

Makeit go Right
06-06-2012, 12:24 PM
I have just experienced the latest trade restrictions from Daikin....

In the past year or so, they have removed all discounts from their non-D1ers to get the 'chaff' off their lines and sending them to distributors for kit prices and deliveries etc. We used to pay on arrival of invoice so should have been good guys, just not enough volume to interest Daikin. But they were at least offering spare parts. (They never had disc on spares anyway, as far as Daikin+me were concerned, so no worries about that aspect).

But the next phase is, if you do not have an account with them, then they will not quote for ANYTHING. Be it spares or kit. Just go away, basically.

And the splits took a real hike in prices at Easter, jumping about £200, which really puts them out of sensible reach for any of my customers -- I have been going to other manufacturers, these days.

What a mess since their takeover of Pillinger, which was a good and helpful business.

Such suppression of sales cannot make any sense to their profits.
Anyone understand the strategy of this seemingly foolish way of doing business?

r.bartlett
06-06-2012, 01:59 PM
DUK are no doubt getting worse and worse. Their response is poor. Tech lines constantly engaged. Spares don't answer the phone.(just spent 15 minutes on hold). If it wasn't for the round flow and spares I have to buy I don't think I'd bother myself.

Airconandy
06-06-2012, 08:40 PM
I've had problems opening an account with "the mighty Daikin", it took 5 weeks and when i went to order the pcb i required it had gone up in price by 300%, i would have gone to "Space" but this part was DAIKIN only, i ended up scrapping the condensers and buying a new Mitsubishi electric one's, all good now though, i havent dealt with them for years prior to this, i have even offered discount to clients who have specified Daikin so that i didnt have to deal wth them. I hate to say it but bring back "cooling services" eh!

jdunc2301
07-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Personally i've never liked Daikin....service is shocking, technical never answer and when they do....your scum because your not a D1 *ta da* partner! They now sell to us through a distributor...unfortunately if you ask for a new fan motor they will send you a wild antelope.....not very handy!....Not Climate

I think Climate centre now do Daikin, but no help with technical.

J

install monkey
07-06-2012, 09:37 PM
morale of this- use RE for the daikin technical queries!-unbiased,impartial advice!!:cool:
Personally i've never liked Daikin....service is shocking, technical never answer and when they do....your scum because your not a D1 *ta da* partner! They now sell to us through a distributor...unfortunately if you ask for a new fan motor they will send you a wild antelope.....not very handy!....Not Climate

I think Climate centre now do Daikin, but no help with technical.

J