PDA

View Full Version : Is it a good idea to swap these driers?

jakabus
05-06-2012, 06:04 AM
Hey, don't know if this is the right spot for this but...

I live in QLD Australia and went to SA to help my old man move two cold rooms over to his shop he just got. My problem is this... On one of the systems there is a danfoss dml 083 liquid line drier. I do not know my way around and came across a place called actrol who sold me a emerson EK-083 liquid line drier.

I have used the danfoss drier many times in the past and would of liked to have got a replica drier but I simply do not have the time to search everywhere. I am unfimiliur to the emerson brand and unsure if it would be safe to replace the old danfoss drier?

Advice from someone who has knowledge and experience of both these driers would be appreciated thanks!!!

monkey spanners
05-06-2012, 08:32 AM
I tend to use either sporlan or danfoss driers, Emerson one should be ok too so long as it is rated for the refrigerant type the system runs. Think they are rebadged alco ones.

I prefer the solid core type dries rather than the bead type such as kmp, last one i cut open was only ever half full from new!

Tesla
05-06-2012, 08:36 AM
Hi jakabus
I use these emerson driers often & have not had any conserns yet so go for it. I supose it's a little like toilet paper just a different name on it. Emmerson bought out lots of products over the years & these driers are one of them. I think the 08 is for 8 cubic inches & the 3 is for 3/8". In saying all that Danfoss does have a very good name for quality in our industry.

mikeref
05-06-2012, 08:45 AM
EK-083 was a good drier. (E.K. is Extra Kleen) A little small for the job.. in my opinion. For 3/8 line i would use EK-163.