PDA

View Full Version : transicold reefer container problem

andyc425
04-06-2012, 05:28 PM
traniscold reefer problem- filter driers on unit keep clogging up ,unit has been flushed out new oil has been added even though previous oil had no traces of contamination and was clear ,system has partial blockage possibly the txv or modulation as at one stage it failed a p6-2 test but now passes ,unit will not take full charge but yet will bring down to temperature, trying to put anymore in will raise discharge too high to 350 and will trip (indicating restriction) filters require changing every 2 days and the felt material at the front of filter is black when pulled out ,contamination would be the suspect but as unit has been flushed and new oil put in its hard to see where this contaminate is coming from other than that unit is in good condition and has never been opened up prior to the atmosphere.
ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GREAT!!! CHEERS

cadwaladr
05-06-2012, 08:10 PM
i would guess taking off the condensor and rinsing it thru on its own you have a restriction in that area for sure.

aussiereefertec
17-06-2012, 11:38 PM
Can u please tell me the operating pressures at 0 also does the unit reach -20? These units are not critical charge so even if you undercharge it will reach its set temp without a load inside i dont think there is a restriction in the condenser can u also tell me the suction pressure before the modulation device ie. mod valve or stepper motor

cadwaladr
18-06-2012, 12:11 AM
good point about the charge but when they made this unit it took a certain amount and if it now wont then something is wrong,what that is god knows but your right we need more info pressures refrigerant type etc to be able to diagnose the fault,could you please post more info.