PDA

View Full Version : Air conditioning for Fire station

drk_in
04-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Hi,
One of my client asked me to design air conditioning for Truck parking area in a fire station.
The presence of CO, CO2 and VOC's in the area may cause to Sick building Syndrom(SBS) and there are chance to other health & saftey issues also for designing of recirculated AHU for it.
I am also thinking that providing 100% treated fresh air AHU is not a gud design in commercial, technical & enviroment aspects. We are wasting the energy.

If any one knows/had the data of air conditioned fire stations, kindly forward the links to me.
I will take it as reference and fine tune my design.

Regards
Ravikanth

install monkey
04-06-2012, 12:26 PM
the garage should be sealed from the station itself.
stick a recirc system in with full fresh air capability and full extraction system, also co,co2 detectors to enable full fresh air,full exhaust if levels exceed recommended levels- engines should only run for a short time with the doors closed anyway-good luck

frank
05-06-2012, 08:51 PM
As IM said. You should design your system to do recirc with minimun fresh air, say 25%, when the engines are off but full fresh air when the engines are running. You could use a CO2 sensor to control the AHU dampers to change from recirc to full freah air. The amount of cooling will dictate the air volume required.

install monkey
05-06-2012, 09:01 PM
lennox baltic II rooftop units use free cooling and have an exhaust option thats controlled via co2 detector in the return air duct- thus full extract,full 100 fresh air- also a minimum fresh air setting can be programmed-the units arent the best but they come ready wired for such application- maybe an idea to get the fins treated
http://www.lennoxuk.com/