PDA

View Full Version : Danfoss Compressors MTZ22JC1BVE always stop after 5 seconds

debian
04-06-2012, 06:00 AM
Dear All I'm new coming in here.. sorry if I post in wrong room.

I have a problem with Danfoss Compressors MTZ22 JC1BVE brand new,
The units is working before turn off suddenly by power loss for more than 5 hours and then after that the units always stop after 5 seconds, the voltage source is 230V please help me.

Thank you and regards,

Debian.

Grizzly
04-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Hi Debian.
Welcome to the forum.
I guess from your post above that you have an newly installed compressor which after 5 hours of running, has been subjected to a power loss/ power surge.
Since then does not run for longer than 5 seconds?
If this is the case then I would suspect a fault within the compressor windings.

Have you metered out the compressor?

I cannot match the code you supply, nor find a single phase version, however there are 3-phase 240v versions listed.

Which have an internal overload that can take up to 3 hours to reset!

Maybe this is relevant?

As I say you need to confirm the state of your incoming supplies and your fuses etc.

If the compressor has actually been spiked then there would I assume be no warranty on it.
As all manufacturers have disclaimers regarding incoming and running voltages.
Grizzly

Grizzly

install monkey
04-06-2012, 12:41 PM
main/run winding 1.25ohm
start winding 2.49 ohm at 25 deg
http://www.danfoss.com/Products/Categories/Literature/RA/Compressors/Maneurop-reciprocating-compressors/MTZ-Reciprocating-compressors-for-R404A-R134a-R407C-single/Motor-voltage-code-1-208-230V160Hz/MTZ22-1VM/84eab08f-e0eb-4b7a-815c-f98c52ca7ee7/c3b3de2a-3277-4430-bcad-697d8c96ca8d.html
data sheet

debian
04-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Hi Grizzly,

Yes the compressor is brand new and used to cooling an oil on heat exchanger like chiller, there is two sections Coolling Systems and Oil Pump systems.

During a test for a few minutes, 10 minutes I guess the compressor is working fine.
The temperture of the oil is 30 degree celcius and I adjust the controller to get oil temperature down to 24 degree celcius and compressors is working, the oil temperature go down until reach 24 degree celcius and works fine, so I consider this compressor is works fine to pump the refrigerant.

But there is something else after 10 minutes we get the power loss suddenly, not caused by the compressors, but by another sections on the systems and I need to fix that sections before turning ON again.

So the compressors is functions properly before I get power loss because something in other sections makes the power breaker tripped and then I need to check that section and turn on again after couple hours.

Couple hours after power trip and fixed the problem I turn the systems ON and I get the compressor didnt work properly, it just run for few seconds and then stops. and I see temperature reading on the controller is 30 degree celcius so compressor should run, I check the command line from the controller trough the compressor is fine, the signal to turn on the compressor is enable and I check voltage on the compressor power line is enable but it's not run. But sometimes it will runs for few seconds then stops again then after couple minutes it will run again for 5 seconds and stops again and again and again...

Please help sir and thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Biantara.

debian
04-06-2012, 12:54 PM
main/run winding 1.25ohm
start winding 2.49 ohm at 25 deg
http://www.danfoss.com/Products/Categories/Literature/RA/Compressors/Maneurop-reciprocating-compressors/MTZ-Reciprocating-compressors-for-R404A-R134a-R407C-single/Motor-voltage-code-1-208-230V160Hz/MTZ22-1VM/84eab08f-e0eb-4b7a-815c-f98c52ca7ee7/c3b3de2a-3277-4430-bcad-697d8c96ca8d.html
data sheet

Thank you sir, I will check it and post after I try.

BR,
Debian

install monkey
04-06-2012, 12:59 PM
when it runs for the few seconds- what is the current draw- should be 17amp continuous current- locked rotor 49amp- does state maximum starts in an hour as 12- test ur capacitors are ok- check the relay isnt welded and its trying to start on the run winding

debian
04-06-2012, 01:12 PM
when it runs for the few seconds- what is the current draw- should be 17amp continuous current- locked rotor 49amp- does state maximum starts in an hour as 12- test ur capacitors are ok- check the relay isnt welded and its trying to start on the run winding
Sorry sir, I didnt have clamp meter sir. but on the systems has 17A circuits breaker for the compresor, so if the current consumptions is over than 17 it will break, but it is not. I already check the run capacitor is ok but didnt yet for the start capacitor and soft start relay. I found the start capacitor is getting hot.
how is to test the start relay sir, can you give me suggestion, I'm new in refrigerant systems.

Thanks for advance,

Hi Debian.
Welcome to the forum.
I guess from your post above that you have an newly installed compressor which after 5 hours of running, has been subjected to a power loss/ power surge.
Since then does not run for longer than 5 seconds?
If this is the case then I would suspect a fault within the compressor windings.

Have you metered out the compressor?

I cannot match the code you supply, nor find a single phase version, however there are 3-phase 240v versions listed.

Which have an internal overload that can take up to 3 hours to reset!

Maybe this is relevant?

As I say you need to confirm the state of your incoming supplies and your fuses etc.

If the compressor has actually been spiked then there would I assume be no warranty on it.
As all manufacturers have disclaimers regarding incoming and running voltages.
Grizzly

Grizzly

That is not caused by spikes sir, the systems is shutsdown caused by another sections that makes the main power breaker is break off the power source when the compressor is working.

Thanks

install monkey
04-06-2012, 01:47 PM
a 17amp circuit breaker could take upto 50 amp before it trips- test the windings with a multi meter first, then test ur capacitors are within 5% of their stated uf value
when the compressor runs for the 5 seconds does it buzz or sound normal?- is whats the ol level in the sight glass?- to test the relay u need to prove continuity from the line in to the start winding and connect ur probe to the common pin on the compressor to read the 1.4ohm- u really need a clip on ammeter to check the current

debian
04-06-2012, 04:36 PM
a 17amp circuit breaker could take upto 50 amp before it trips- test the windings with a multi meter first, then test ur capacitors are within 5% of their stated uf value
when the compressor runs for the 5 seconds does it buzz or sound normal?- is whats the ol level in the sight glass?- to test the relay u need to prove continuity from the line in to the start winding and connect ur probe to the common pin on the compressor to read the 1.4ohm- u really need a clip on ammeter to check the current
The sound is normal sir like when will start. here is I attach the picture for the oil and the winding resistance, I dont know where is the Main/Start/Common, but all is little bit more compared to your value.
does the start capacitor is ok if it is hot?
thank you in advance.

Regards,
Debian.90099010

install monkey
04-06-2012, 06:07 PM
the 4.4ohm is between ur start and run winding- the next highest is between ur common and start the 3.2 so ur terminals are top common- left start right run - the resistances listed are based on 25deg ambient temp- the cheapest option is to replace the relay-if your capacitors are ok - you say the start up noise is normal so that is prooving that it does run- oil level is ok - theres an internal klixon in the windings that cannot be replaced so best bet is try a new relay then otherwise compressor