PDA

View Full Version : Lae SDU11

hunterman
06-12-2005, 10:05 PM
Hi to all
This is my first post so be gentle with me.
I need some help with a controller wiring.
I am trying to make a curing cupboard like the one in the link
http://home.pacbell.net/lpoli/htm%20texts/humidity_control.htm
I have acquired a fridge freezer and a controller.
The problem I have is how do I wire the controller?
It is a Lae SDU11.
I contacted Lae and they gave me the wiring diagram below.
Apparently it is the same as the SDU12.
But the wiring diagram does not tell me which is live in or out, which is neutral and so on.
I was going to use the controller to turn the fridge/freezer on and off via the main supply to give me the temp I require. But after thinking about it I am wondering if I could use it to just operate the freezer section thus leaving me with the fridge as normal.
Thank for your help Steve

chillin out
06-12-2005, 11:13 PM
http://img347.imageshack.us/img347/4136/zsdu125eb.gif

Hope this helps.

Chillin:) :)

chillin out
06-12-2005, 11:21 PM
But after thinking about it I am wondering if I could use it to just operate the freezer section thus leaving me with the fridge as normal.
All depends on the individual unit.

hunterman
07-12-2005, 07:39 AM
yes thank you Chillin that's a great help.
if i can use the way i wanted in first place i will happy.
i let you know how i get on
cheers steve

frank
07-12-2005, 08:28 AM
Don't forget to put the correct fuses in the circuit :eek:

hunterman
11-12-2005, 12:39 PM
Well I wired it up the way you said Chillin and hey presto its works fine.
But in trying to get the probe located in the freezer department I have damaged the freezers own sensor. It is a very thin pipe and I have managed to put a hole in it and released the pressure inside it. The freezer still seems to work the way I want but when maximum temp is reached the freezer does not com on straight away. But it does not take long before it does come on so the maximum temp is not exceeded too much.
If you think this is anything to do with the damaged part and know were I could get one please let me know.
The fridge freezer is a Hotpoint model number rf63p
Cheers again Steve

chillin out
11-12-2005, 01:36 PM
There is probably a slight time delay on the controller.

Snapping the phail for the stat will not cause you any problems because you have bypassed it by fitting the controller.

hunterman
15-12-2005, 05:35 PM
ok
thank you chillin :-)

coolman
15-12-2005, 08:47 PM
The freezer still seems to work the way I want but when maximum temp is reached the freezer does not com on straight away. But it does not take long before it does come on so the maximum temp is not exceeded too much.

The lae SDU 11 has a build in minimum compressor of time controlled by parameter Pc
Make sure is is at least 3 minutes for a system using a cappilary

Victor

hunterman
04-01-2006, 05:49 PM
Hello again
Hope you all had good Christmas and New Year.
I tried setting pc to 2 Victor but no joy.
The fridge/freezer has been working to some degree.
The problem is the controller that I wired in clicks on at the right temp and the lights on the fridge come on, but the compressor does not always start. Sometimes for a long time letting the fridge get to hot. I was thinking of by passing all the electrics on the fridge and running the compressor directly from my controller. What I need to know is how to wire the capacitor and compressor.
I know it can be done because fridge compressors are often used for air brush compressors.
Any help would be appreciated Steve

zimbo
04-01-2006, 06:25 PM
Has the controller been manualy programed as this could also stop the comp from starting, and keep it off for a while?

zimbo

hunterman
04-01-2006, 06:35 PM
the controller has been manualy programed.
but it must be working because like i say the lights on the fridge come on and you you can here the controller clicking on

frank
04-01-2006, 10:38 PM
but it must be working because like i say the lights on the fridge come on
Thats not proof the controllers working - everyone knows that the light comes on when you open the DOOR :D :D :D

Brian_UK
04-01-2006, 11:18 PM
Has the controller just been set up to switch the power supply to the fridge ? If it has then you are relying on the broken thermostat to reach it's alarm position to operate the compressor.

hunterman
05-01-2006, 12:06 AM
yes
the controller has just been set up to switch the power supply to the fridge.
i don't mean the light in the fridge i mean the green operational light on front of fridge.

hunterman
06-01-2006, 03:30 PM
I have had a look at the wiring and it’s like a wasps nest.
I can see that the compressor has a starter cap to start it (arcotronics mkp 27.4)
From what I can tell.
Does anybody know how to wire one of these up to the compressor so I can start it on demand?

Brian_UK
07-01-2006, 12:06 AM
Sorry Hunterman, it's been a long day today so this is going to be a bit brief.

I understand what you are saying about the wiring so I'll ask if this is a possibility....

Can you get at the wiring to the thermostat ? If you can then how about removing the wiring from the 'stat and connecting it to your new controller ?

In the diagram above replace the 'comp' sign for 'stat' and you should have full control over the compressor. Remember to ensure that there is the start time delay mentioned above or you will blow the compressor.

hunterman
08-01-2006, 07:51 PM
I have had a look Brian and pulled and tugged at some wires.
I did this with the attitude it will ether work or not. And guess what it didn’t so now I have a bunch of wires with no homes to go to.
But I have found out that the compressor relay is all burnt and melted.
So I think this was the source of my problem in the first place.
The dilemma I have now is do I try and find a new relay and hope I can than wire comp direct. Or do what you sig say’s and take an hammer to it and buy a new one

Abe
08-01-2006, 08:04 PM
When relay is burnt...........usually compressor isnt very healthy either

I would go for a new fridge