PDA

View Full Version : discharge and suction pulling vac. new check valve??

EastsideMatt
31-05-2012, 12:33 PM
the unit model i am working on is a Daikin RP125L7W1. i found the unit short of gas, reclaimed, blew pipes out with nitro because i thought it might have been a blockage then pressure tested and held for 12+hours. after all this left on vac over night and added refrigerant and same problem occured with the suction and discharge both pulling a vac?? how would i locate the 'Check Valve'??

Neddy
31-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Discharge pulling a vac? Do you not mean liquid line? If your liquid line is pulling a vac check the expansion device at the outdoor. You should hear it ticking when you power up the Condensor. Check valves will be before the expansion device in the Outdoor.

EastsideMatt
03-07-2012, 02:48 PM
im back on the job again. yes sorry i did mean liquid line. the expansion device does seem to be working. heard the clicking and sounds like its letting through the correct amount of refrigerant. oh the check valve arrived but the wholesalers got it wrong and sent a charge valve. more time on the job. i am now trying to get incontact with daikin tech. if anyone has any info to forward me with this job or daikin tech number(up to date) please do help!!
FYI dont think i will be able to use the text number because the fault code that comes up says, "abnormal pressures in outdoor unit" which i already know!hence the problem!

thanks

Rob White
03-07-2012, 03:28 PM
im back on the job again. yes sorry i did mean liquid line. the expansion device does seem to be working. heard the clicking and sounds like its letting through the correct amount of refrigerant. oh the check valve arrived but the wholesalers got it wrong and sent a charge valve. more time on the job. i am now trying to get incontact with daikin tech. if anyone has any info to forward me with this job or daikin tech number(up to date) please do help!!
FYI dont think i will be able to use the text number because the fault code that comes up says, "abnormal pressures in outdoor unit" which i already know!hence the problem!

thanks

Why do suspect the check valve?

Where was the gas the last time you worked on the system?
Was it still inside? If the gas was not and you have leak tested
and found no leak is the gas still inside the system?

What happened to the gas on the first visit? Either it had leaked
or it was still inside? Did you recover it?

Regards

Rob

tareg70
03-07-2012, 09:08 PM
Hi MATE
CHECK YOUR SERVICE VALVE ,AND MAKE SURE ARE FULLY OPEN,GOOD LUCK

install monkey
03-07-2012, 11:06 PM
daikin shut off valve caps will leak if not done up tight-had a vrv2 drop 9kg of its 55kg charge- loose cap. after vaccing overnight- did u use a torr gauge- what vac did you reach- any back drop after an hour??- although lev clicks- does it actually open??
strainers are a small peice of copper slightly fatter than the surrounding pipework-look for a groove around the pipe-thats where the gauze is secured-usually a green or pink bit of pen on em- theres about 3 on the outdoor- before and after lev too