PDA

View Full Version : CANDY CPC240FFK - Intermittent Clicking (Now Failed)

Wobbles
30-05-2012, 09:49 AM
Hi, This is my first post I hope i deliver my question within the required manner.

I have problems with the above model Candy f/f and wondered if anyone else has experience of this issue.

Having returned from holiday to a puddle around the unit i feel its time to delve deeper.

The unit has been intermittently clicking from what seems to be the control pcb (I have not discovered how to access this part) .
It has now got to the point where upon power up it clicks for a few seconds then seems to do nothing.
Any advice is gratefully recieved.

tonto33
30-05-2012, 09:17 PM
it broke you need domestic appliance engineer to look at the relays

sedgy
30-05-2012, 10:07 PM
hi wobbles,
it sounds like the clickston is overheating, is the compressor hot ? is it trying to start more than 10 times an hour?? sedgy.

jdunc2301
31-05-2012, 07:43 AM
The compressor is around the back, a black helmet looking thing!

If thats hot it will be trying to start and its Overload Klixon will be "clicking" off.

If the noise isnt coming from there then it might be a relay somewhere on the controls, depends how the compressor is switched.

all the best

J

Wobbles
12-06-2012, 07:50 AM
I'm sure I previously replied but I must have lost connection before it sent.
The clicking is coming from the top (control panel) I can not work out how to open this area.

tonto33
12-06-2012, 07:55 AM
sounds like relay on the pcb, control panel should be held in place by two screws