PDA

View Full Version : newbie in reefer wants to learn ( sorry! )

sceptre4
29-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Hi guys

I recently posted a simillar thread seeking service manuals for Tk and carrier. Although i had done some research on the web only to find out they are not easy to come up, I now realise i did not do my homework correctly.

First let me appologize for not searching this forum a little bit more to find out that Everybody comes here beging for them!!! I even stumbled on a thread where a guy wrote "this is a forum not a library" Needless to say i felt the urge to say mea culpa.

So that being said i will try to reformulate my request properly. I worked as an auto mechanic for many years and now begun taking a class in HVAC by nights. I look forward to go in to the feild of reefers but dont know how to go about it . Some advise from the experts would be greatly appeciated.

peace

Louis

p.s excuse my spelling i am french...

Sceptre4@hotmail.com

install monkey
29-05-2012, 09:01 PM
if i had any manuals you can have a copy but the only reefers i do arent refrigerated!!!:D- if every one guards them and doesnt share then we'd all struggle at times-on the other hand sharing manuals with someone of little technical experience could be disasterous-good luck in your quest

stufus
29-05-2012, 10:35 PM
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?15786-all-reefer-container-problems-daikin-carrier-thermoking-mitsubishi&highlight=reefer+manuals
H (http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?15786-all-reefer-container-problems-daikin-carrier-thermoking-mitsubishi&highlight=reefer+manuals)ave a look through this one
Cheers
Stu

djbe
29-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Sceptre4, we all had to start somewhere and struggled getting info out of those in the know! Plus the manufacturers (Carrier in particular) want to keep knowledge in house. Only spurs us on to find quick solutions to problems that they have been grasping at with modifications for years.

What particular manuals are you after?

sceptre4
29-05-2012, 11:51 PM
good thing i tried to excuse my spelling...:)

Djbe : Wise reply. I am just starting to grasp the bigger picture here. And most of all i really dont want to get ahead of myself at all. I still have a full year (full time) in my course. I was thinking of somewhere along the lines of the most complicated unit outhere but idealy in interactive training mode. I am basicly looking for a mentor in fact. So something like a few pages a week and i could ask Qs. As i am writing theese lines i feel like i am asking a lot!

peace

Louis

sceptre4
30-05-2012, 12:50 AM
Of course i am totaly open to any expert's proposition!

peace

djbe
30-05-2012, 08:46 PM
I think you will struggle to get any interactive training. Could do with your email address.
Regards,
djbe.

jdunc2301
31-05-2012, 07:29 AM
Ain't no experts here, just a load of guys running around with gauges pretending....:D

aussiereefertec
17-06-2012, 11:23 PM
If you want manuals for most containers i have them and can send them to u

Brian_UK
18-06-2012, 11:17 PM
STarcool reefers, some manuals...
http://www.starcool.dk/downloads/manuals.aspx

aussiereefertec
19-06-2012, 02:59 AM
is you are looking for mentoring i would be glad to help out you're not asking much in fact quite the opposite as an apprentice you should be asking as many questions as possible i should not that although the manuals are a good place to start they do not actually contain all the information necessary to fix problems especially in electrical areas