PDA

View Full Version : Home owner asking for details

trident9
29-05-2012, 07:11 PM
I am just a home owner I am far from rich so when the following happened I started to reach out for help any feedback or information provided is appreciated.

I had an ac contractor come out and put in a new acoil and when they put it in they did not remove the factory welded cap off the low line (big line please forgive me if I get the lines backwards) and the high pressure line(small one) was clogged with solder there was a screwdriver for working on eye glasses could not go through we found this out after we took 13.6 lbs of r22 out of the system that was designd for.87 oz and I remember the 1st tech not using a scale just let it run until the compressor died what I want to know is there something that should of stopped the overcharged and if so would that be nullified by clogs in the line the 1st tech did say it worked prior then stopped all this was found out when I was getting a new system put in by someone I trust we kept the piece of copper pipe and took pictures of everything but the contractor that put in the acoil all he can say is there"if there was a problem you should of called me 1st" and my personal favorite "I'm claiming bull**it and if you repeat that to anyone my lawyer will rip you apart" I lothe having to file a claim I thought a business would be atleast willing to listen but all I get was name calling and fit throwing. Thanks for any info

monkey spanners
30-05-2012, 12:18 AM
Theres a thing that should have stopped the overcharge, the tech doing the work.... Two and a half times the correct charge should have given the guy a clue that there was an issue with the system.

Having said that, i only have one side of the story to go on.

texas64
11-06-2012, 01:39 AM
Hello, you don't say in what state you are in, but air conditioning is a regulated business. Send the contractor a letter saying that he must correct the problem otherwise you will contact the state regulatory agency. I can't stand any contractor that has so much pride about himself, that he would argue with a customer, especially after doing poor service work during the installation. He knows that he did a bad job, and thinks that by yelling louder, he will win. The state agency with make him resolve the problem otherwise he risks losing his license(assuming that he has one...)