PDA

View Full Version : bloody weather

cadwaladr
28-05-2012, 01:28 AM
i have just about had enough of this heatwave we are having,now dont get me wrong the money will come in handy but working 24/7 mobile going bananas and having to concentrate on the job while totty is everywhere and people sitting outside bars drinking and merryment you basta!!! and the forecast for later today +26c! phew!

The Viking
28-05-2012, 01:33 AM
Deeep breath......
Aaaaand rrrreeeeelaaaax...
Better?

:cool:

MikeHolm
28-05-2012, 11:17 AM
33 forecast here + humidity to make it feel like 39. Enjoy.

mikeref
28-05-2012, 12:23 PM
33 forecast here + humidity to make it feel like 39. Enjoy. Hmmm, sent the chill over here now that you've had enough of it ..Mike?
No snow in this area, but there will be a few frosts in these mountains this winter. Frost kills off the tops of Gum trees and makes them look like they are starved for water.
Frosts are melted by 8AM, so no evidence left on roof tops, or in the fields... Still, damn cold by Queensland standards.:eek:

MikeHolm
28-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Hmmm, sent the chill over here now that you've had enough of it ..Mike?
No snow in this area, but there will be a few frosts in these mountains this winter. Frost kills off the tops of Gum trees and makes them look like they are starved for water.
Frosts are melted by 8AM, so no evidence left on roof tops, or in the fields... Still, damn cold by Queensland standards.:eek:

Mike, I've got the wicked witch of the west trying to huff and puff and blow your house down with cold air. Damn, mixing my metaphors.

750 Valve
29-05-2012, 08:36 AM
i have just about had enough of this heatwave we are having,now dont get me wrong the money will come in handy but working 24/7 mobile going bananas and having to concentrate on the job while totty is everywhere and people sitting outside bars drinking and merryment you basta!!! and the forecast for later today +26c! phew!

+26C!!!! Are you kidding me!?! How on earth can you bear it!?!

mikeref
29-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Hey there 750. We may have the edge during summer on our friends up North, however, they will beat us hands down during Winter :o
Was just below 10 C in the mountains here last night, teeth chattering... and it will only get colder.:eek: Brrrrr!!
Have to clean the spider webs off my Kero heater, and the ASHP should be given a run to make sure i don't freeze on the sure to be soon, 2 degrees c nights..

MikeHolm
29-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Hey there 750. We may have the edge during summer on our friends up North, however, they will beat us hands down during Winter :o
Was just below 10 C in the mountains here last night, teeth chattering... and it will only get colder.:eek: Brrrrr!!
Have to clean the spider webs off my Kero heater, and the ASHP should be given a run to make sure i don't freeze on the sure to be soon, 2 degrees c nights..

10C.....luxury......when we were young, and it was -35C, we had to get up in the morning before bedtime lick the streets clean, while our fathers beat us with frozen rubber strips, then go to school.......

750 Valve
29-05-2012, 01:04 PM
enjoying a good glass of Chateau de Chasselas there Mike? :D

Moneyhell
29-05-2012, 06:29 PM
I'm looking forward to it cooling off in the UK.

It's all a bit mad as we forget what summer is like!

djbe
29-05-2012, 11:26 PM
Only a few days of heat and moaning already;)

Wait and see it continues, if it does the follow up's will keep us going throughout the winter because the punters generally don't plan maintenance even if recommended.

MikeHolm
29-05-2012, 11:39 PM
enjoying a good glass of Chateau de Chasselas there Mike? :D

Yes, but you tell the young kids of today how tough we had it when we were young and they won't believe you.....

mikeref
29-05-2012, 11:57 PM
Yes, but you tell the young kids of today how tough we had it when we were young and they won't believe you.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2rhsdo8eeQ

cadwaladr
30-05-2012, 12:03 AM
a new customer said to me today quote ;do you get busy when its warm;and he was serious! the punters will not be bothered to listen to preventing breakdowns by good maintainence too busy trying to make the next million.

MikeHolm
30-05-2012, 11:26 AM
a new customer said to me today quote ;do you get busy when its warm;and he was serious! the punters will not be bothered to listen to preventing breakdowns by good maintainence too busy trying to make the next million.

See the Vikings post in the 3,000,000, Sainsburys contract. Speaks right to it.

sedgy
30-05-2012, 06:18 PM
hi all ,
its the same the world over, if you can breath without burning your throat its not too hot,
if you can move < cos your not frozen solid< its not too cold
its just right here= cheers+ another beer,=sedgy.

jdunc2301
31-05-2012, 07:37 AM
Im working round the back of an Olympic pool today and tomo! And all the AHU/Boilers/AC units etc etc make it very hot!!! 35'c

ahh i hate you! Thunderstorms ahoy now!!
:D

hi all ,
its the same the world over, if you can breath without burning your throat its not too hot,
if you can move < cos your not frozen solid< its not too cold
its just right here= cheers+ another beer,=sedgy.

J

mikeref
31-05-2012, 09:46 AM
10C.....luxury......when we were young, and it was -35C, we had to get up in the morning before bedtime lick the streets clean, while our fathers beat us with frozen rubber strips, then go to school....... Yeah? That's nothing. When i was a lad, the summer heat was sooo bad...that the hot water system tap was the better choice when having a shower, as the cold water tap delivered mostly steam.. and.. the ceiling fans breeze tended to singe my bed sheets at night...:p
OH, NO!!. No domestic air-conditioners were available here at that period of time.. unless you were filthy rich.:rolleyes:

PaulZ
31-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Hi Mikeref
That's not hot, when I was young it was so hot we had to wear asbestos shoes to walk to school and we couldn't touch anything without asbestos gloves. :cool:

Paul

mikeref
01-06-2012, 08:00 AM
Hi Mikeref
That's not hot, when I was young it was so hot we had to wear asbestos shoes to walk to school and we couldn't touch anything without asbestos gloves. :cool:

Paul Unlike the younger generation today with air-conditioned school buses and classrooms.:rolleyes: I had to ride my push bike 20 minutes to get to school, rain, hail, or roasting hot. 2nd degree burns, from the radiating asphalt was a daily event.
Those were the days..;) but the kids still won't believe me :) HaHa!!

sedgy
01-06-2012, 01:26 PM
yes you chaps, = the good old days ?=sedgy

mikeref
01-06-2012, 01:51 PM
yes you chaps, = the good old days ?=sedgyTime for another beer Sedgy:D and remember the hard, but good old days..( i'll have a rum thanks)
Not like some.. that might have strapped their school books to their feet, to prevent frost bite while walking to school in the "Northern" winter months:p :D

mikeref
01-06-2012, 02:09 PM
Only a few days of heat and moaning already;)

Wait and see it continues, if it does the follow up's will keep us going throughout the winter because the punters generally don't plan maintenance even if recommended.......Hmmm....still trying to swat that damn bug off my screen....or is that an ant??

jdunc2301
01-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Yeah? That's nothing. When i was a lad, the summer heat was sooo bad...that the hot water system tap was the better choice when having a shower, as the cold water tap delivered mostly steam.. and.. the ceiling fans breeze tended to singe my bed sheets at night...:p
OH, NO!!. No domestic air-conditioners were available here at that period of time.. unless you were filthy rich.:rolleyes:

Hi Mikeref

Paul

Unlike the younger generation today with air-conditioned school buses and classrooms.:rolleyes: I had to ride my push bike 20 minutes to get to school, rain, hail, or roasting hot. 2nd degree burns, from the radiating asphalt was a daily event.
Those were the days..;) but the kids still won't believe me :) HaHa!!

:D When i was a kid all i got for Christmas was a lousy piece of coal.....Whoa reading this reminds me of my old man haha

J

djbe
02-06-2012, 12:30 AM
;)
......Hmmm....still trying to swat that damn bug off my screen....or is that an ant??

Nah, it's just a bug;)

B G Scott
02-06-2012, 08:32 AM
10C.....luxury......when we were young, and it was -35C, we had to get up in the morning before bedtime lick the streets clean, while our fathers beat us with frozen rubber strips, then go to school.......

Luxury, we had to get up before we went to bed, and if you told the kids today they would not not believe you!