PDA

View Full Version : Xarios 500 High head pressure

66ddmicro
25-05-2012, 02:53 AM
I've got a problem with a X500. Cutting out on A02 high pressure both on road and standby.

My thinking was it might be condenser closing valve as is cuts out very quickly, gauge goes round to 400 within 10 to 20 sec of running.

So I degassed it, it had 3kg in it. Then took condenser closing valve apart looked ok but thought I'd leave guts out and try running it to confirm. Recharged it and still the same. The pressure doesn't build up if I put a magnet on hot gas defrost solenoid. It's not completely blocked as it's got liquid at the expansion valve.

Has anyone had a condenser block up on a Xarios?

clivemtk
25-05-2012, 08:37 PM
putting a magnet on hgv is bye passing condrnser ccvalve only shuts on defrost no valve i u think u have blockage look at flow oil sep is closer

djbe
25-05-2012, 10:06 PM
I was thinking oil sep or check valves but they are before the hotgas valve so if opening hotgas resolves the problem it would suggest the problem is somewhere between oil sep and exp. valve. Can't see it being too far along though otherwise the unit would just pump itself down and go out on LP?
Maybe worth taking a closer look at the body of the condenser solenoid valve to see there isn't a blockage?

cadwaladr
26-05-2012, 01:27 AM
disconnect the flow line from the comp and use nitro to find restriction my guess is the condensor,is there any history of comp change in the past it could be debris from the comp.

66ddmicro
29-05-2012, 01:15 AM
Turned out to be air in the system I believe as I re-gassed it the first time with original gas and then after messing around with it thought it was worth changing the gas to be sure and the head pressure was fine.

The road compressor shaft seal is knackered as well I can't pull a good vac with it in the system. I guess that's were the air came from.

djbe
29-05-2012, 10:17 PM
New road compressor then, I hope????

djbe
29-05-2012, 10:19 PM
But.... the road compressor shaft seal will only pull air in if running in a vacuum? And you recovered a reasonable refrigerant charge.