PDA

View Full Version : non square cassette

r.bartlett
24-05-2012, 06:08 PM
does anyone make oblong cassettes these days as we have 6 x 12.5kw daikins to swap out but it's a plasterboard ceiling so a sq unit will mean a lot of making good..

Cheers

Richard

install monkey
24-05-2012, 06:55 PM
ive not fitted any cassettes that arent square recently- all seem to be 1mtr sq-looks like ur gonna be going b and q for plasterboard - fit an access panel

r.bartlett
24-05-2012, 07:48 PM
ive not fitted any cassettes that arent square recently- all seem to be 1mtr sq-looks like ur gonna be going b and q for plasterboard - fit an access panel

I guess I need to add a 'making good' extra.
As much as it pains me I feel Daikin make the best large cassette the round flow is a great product. pity as we are limited on outdoor space so it needs to be a single fan unit which seems to have been dropped by Daikin..Unless you know better

install monkey
24-05-2012, 08:15 PM
can you not fit 25kw outdoors and twin up the 12.5's- - or is access to where kev is gonna fit em limited access?

I guess I need to add a 'making good' extra.
As much as it pains me I feel Daikin make the best large cassette the round flow is a great product. pity as we are limited on outdoor space so it needs to be a single fan unit which seems to have been dropped by Daikin..Unless you know better

r.bartlett
24-05-2012, 08:58 PM
can you not fit 25kw outdoors and twin up the 12.5's- - or is access to where kev is gonna fit em limited access?

access is very limited but not as limited as it is to kev as he's in Perth!

RSTC
25-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Hitachi do a 2 way utopia cassette that's not rectangular. Airwell used to do a 1200x600 cassette which to me seems very logical and always wondered why everybody didn't do that. Perhaps the Japanese like the dust you get everywhere when you cut up ceiling tiles.

install monkey
25-05-2012, 10:58 PM
imi impact/image range were rectangular- were crap too