PDA

View Full Version : Blowing Smoke

Gary
21-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Back in the eighteenth century, there was a device called the "Tobacco Smoke Enema". It consisted of a small bellows with a metal bowl for burning tobacco and a long tube for enemas... and was used for various ailments. It eventually was thoroughly discredited, leaving us with the popular expression "blowing smoke up your ass".

Brian_UK
21-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Just don't cough. ;)

mikeref
21-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Back in the eighteenth century, there was a device called the "Tobacco Smoke Enema". It consisted of a small bellows with a metal bowl for burning tobacco and a long tube for enemas... and was used for various ailments. It eventually was thoroughly discredited, leaving us with the popular expression "blowing smoke up your ass". Where is the "like" Button:D Good one Gary.

MikeHolm
22-05-2012, 01:37 AM
Then why can't stu speak for himself? You got him tied up in the closet Mike?

mikeref
22-05-2012, 08:38 AM
Then why can't stu speak for himself? You got him tied up in the closet Mike?Nah.. Saved him posting a response. Those pistons for his avatar make me dizzy.
Who knows... maybe he's "stuck in Cork again today."
Hmmm, read that last line slowly.

Magoo
23-05-2012, 02:22 AM
Hi Gary,
the technowledgy is not lost, I have met and endure people with that same problem, "blowing out their arz ".
Hopefully I do not meet that criteria.
magoo

stufus
23-05-2012, 10:01 AM
Hang on second there Mike (canada)
Those rumours were without foundation.
But mike (aus) is right a big LIKE from me ,enjoy finding out the origins of these sayings
And yes Mike stuck in Cork again!!!
Not as Tonto read it the last time.
sucking c#ck again:o
cheers
Stu

MikeHolm
23-05-2012, 11:21 AM
I think Gary wants to resurrect the practice. He probably sees all the money going to jenny Craig and Weight watchers and thinks there could be a market:D.

Meanwhile, Mikeref is getting the gimp suit ready for Stu, who really is tied up in the closet to try out the new remedy.

Ohhhhh, I had too much rum last night. I'm seeing weird things.

mikeref
23-05-2012, 11:51 PM
You'll have to ease up on the local poison Mike. I'll have a look around Toronto today and find you a therapist:)