PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Good!

jdunc2301
20-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Possible career change on the horizon! Taken the ins/outs off here...had a prob!

RSTC
20-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Best of luck with it

dt8project
21-05-2012, 08:44 PM
well done......1/7 call out sounds good........ I got told I had no tracker in my van, then it started having electrical faults, it went to the manufacturer garage for diagnosis, and guess what the cause of these electrical faults was???????????:(

install monkey
21-05-2012, 08:52 PM
was it the driver spilling his coco pops on the dash?:p

as long as they stick to what they preach at the interview- im on call 1 week in 7 but it amazes me how many times in the year i get called out- i think they sack people to then put me on call!!!-good luck

well done......1/7 call out sounds good........ I got told I had no tracker in my van, then it started having electrical faults, it went to the manufacturer garage for diagnosis, and guess what the cause of these electrical faults was???????????:(

dt8project
21-05-2012, 08:59 PM
So what is the going rate for call out/stand by these days? I get £100 a week standard

install monkey
21-05-2012, 09:04 PM
our prison still pay the measly £50 a week- less tax- so around £7.14285714 a day- but u dont get many calls until a block of flats have a burst and you could be out for 14hrs- had a department store in mcr leaking cast pipe blew the 800amp incomer and obliterated 15lenghts of busbar track-went out sun afternoon and came home monday 9pm-went back tues 7am returned home wed 5pm!!

So what is the going rate for call out/stand by these days? I get £100 a week standard

dt8project
21-05-2012, 09:15 PM
:eek:...... not a 'first time fix' then lol

install monkey
21-05-2012, 09:43 PM
had to stop as i was knackered-previous problem there was the sewer blocked up and filled the basement with ****ty water- 3 lads were there 5 days continuous with vac lorrys-manager didnt want to close off the shopfloor!-typical

dt8project
21-05-2012, 10:01 PM
Strange that, have heard of other sewer/drainage problems in Manchester city centre, getting sh#tty water coming up through gravity drains etc

install monkey
21-05-2012, 10:08 PM
was it round piccadilly gardens??- manchester sewers were the old cobbled streets- when it was rebuilt ontop of the original street level-when it rains heavy it does back up-had a bookies near afflecks palace back up too 2 yr ago
notice how im not name dropping haha

Strange that, have heard of other sewer/drainage problems in Manchester city centre, getting sh#tty water coming up through gravity drains etc

dt8project
21-05-2012, 10:12 PM
yes it was!!!!!!!!!.......we had dyno-rod out I believe....... 2 engineers refused to attend because of the smell........... another ended up on the sick with stomach cramps and vomiting.........scary:eek:

install monkey
21-05-2012, 10:16 PM
at least you subbed it out- weve got our own drain muppets- if youve done most of the curry/kebab houses on the curry mile then you get immune to it- apparently:D

yes it was!!!!!!!!!.......we had dyno-rod out I believe....... 2 engineers refused to attend because of the smell........... another ended up on the sick with stomach cramps and vomiting.........scary:eek:

dt8project
21-05-2012, 10:24 PM
just play the 'health and safety' card........ I fix a/c for a living, not drains, I once refused to work on a condenser because of soiled underpants and used needles near it........... got the cleaning subbies in....... sorted..... same applies to pigeon s#it.......... just REFUSE it on 'health and safety'..........simples

install monkey
21-05-2012, 10:29 PM
theyd tell me to go buy some marigolds- and stop moaning- ps can i have my lucky undies back- they were the spiderman ones-haha- had a call to a bookies in wrexham- burning smell in shop- found a dead pidgen rotting near the fresh air fan- pointed at the fault and left em to it!!

just play the 'health and safety' card........ I fix a/c for a living, not drains, I once refused to work on a condenser because of soiled underpants and used needles near it........... got the cleaning subbies in....... sorted..... same applies to pigeon s#it.......... just REFUSE it on 'health and safety'..........simples

dt8project
21-05-2012, 10:36 PM
now I know your lying.... these were Superman undies, not Spiderman lol........ the pigeon thing doesnt surprise me...... rats are another one, once worked at a KFC, the rat I saw near the condenser was the size of a bloody dog........ I froze.. needless to say it put me off KFC for a long time........... how did we get on this subject from the original post lol????????:D

jdunc2301
22-05-2012, 10:19 AM
I'm told it will be 120 for the week and then 4 hrs minimum at applicable rate!

Not too bothered! my basic is going up alot do not to worry!

I found couple of dead rats in some ducting! After 5 calls for a bad smell....lush!

mikeref
22-05-2012, 10:55 AM
our prison still pay the measly £50 a week- less tax- so around £7.14285714 a day- but u dont get many calls until a block of flats have a burst and you could be out for 14hrs- had a department store in mcr leaking cast pipe blew the 800amp incomer and obliterated 15lenghts of busbar track-went out sun afternoon and came home monday 9pm-went back tues 7am returned home wed 5pm!!
I.M. I see you take your 50 pound/week(on call) seriously...Forget "PI..22/7 or 3.14", and round it out to 7.14.
Close enough!..;) :p..