PDA

View Full Version : Daikin VRV II Super Heat check

gaskinator_5
20-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Hey guys,

Recently replaced a down to earth, fixed speed compressor on a VRV2. I pressure tested the system at 400psi for four days before vac and charging. I replaced the same amount of refrigerant as what came out of the system but when it runs in normal operation it seems a little short to me. I would like to check the superheat value just to make sure it is all sorted but i'm assuming to do that i will have to place it in some form of test mode where it will run at full capacity. Also where would the best points be for checking superheat on a VRV system?

Does anyone know how to place it in this test mode when fieldsetting from the outdoor unit?

Thanks
Joel

install monkey
20-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Main Motorized Valve EV1 Control
Carries out the motorized valve (Y1E) PI control to maintain the evaporator outlet superheated
degree (SH) at constant during heating operation to make maximum use of the outdoor unit
heat exchanger (evaporator).
The optimum initial value of the evaporator outlet superheated degree is 5
°C, but varies
depending on the discharge pipe superheated degree of inverter compressor.
i'll send you the manual- when vaccing.pressure testing- drive all the valves open from the outdoor unit.- i recommend- drive valves open,reclaim- triple vac and recharge with virgin refrigerant

install monkey
20-05-2012, 03:07 PM
check ur e mail

r.bartlett
20-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Hey guys,

Recently replaced a down to earth, fixed speed compressor on a VRV2. I pressure tested the system at 400psi for four days before vac and charging. I replaced the same amount of refrigerant as what came out of the system but when it runs in normal operation it seems a little short to me. I would like to check the superheat value just to make sure it is all sorted but i'm assuming to do that i will have to place it in some form of test mode where it will run at full capacity. Also where would the best points be for checking superheat on a VRV system?

Does anyone know how to place it in this test mode when fieldsetting from the outdoor unit?

Thanks
Joel

forget the test mode. Measure the pipe run and compare correct to actual charge before you do anything else..

aramis
21-05-2012, 04:59 AM
Hey guys,

Also where would the best points be for checking superheat on a VRV system?

The same old ones: 1) Compressor suction and 2) evaporator outlet close to where the sensor(s) is(are).

Deano240
10-06-2012, 05:31 PM
daikn service checker?

AbsoluteWDJ
12-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks
Joel

The simplest way to carry out any remedial works on Daikin VRV refrigerant related is as follows:

1. Set the system in refrigerant recovery mode (keep system in this mode all the while you reclaim, pressure test and evacuate the system)
2. Reclaim and measure the recovered refrigerant
3. Measure the liquid line size and length
4. Carry out relevant additional charge calculation with the above results and add factory charge to give total refrigerant charge
5. Replace component, STD Compressor is this case (If mains power is isolated then you'll have to enable refrigerant recovery mode again)
6. Pressure test
7. Evacuate system, once achieved acceptable torr disable refrigerant recovery mode
8. Recharge total charge via liquid service valve (use refrigerant addition mode if required)
9. Test run

If you believe the system is slightly low then you could carry out an auto charge but if your measurements are correct then this shouldn't need to be activated. The key to any refrigerant reclaiming, pressure test or evacuating is that the system is activated in refrigerant recovery mode. Failure to do this can lead to no end of issues.

Regards

r.bartlett
12-06-2012, 08:21 PM
I would do 5 after 2 if you really want the simplist way otherwise you are repeating yourself..

install monkey
12-06-2012, 09:18 PM
also when changing a compressor on a tandem or triple system-your meant to change the oil from the good compressors as it will be contaminated- daikin do a kit for this- a empty can ,clear hose and some plastercene

AbsoluteWDJ
13-06-2012, 10:22 AM
I would do 5 after 2 if you really want the simplist way otherwise you are repeating yourself..

I understand where you are coming from with this but my concern is that he has not mentioned refrigerant recovery mode which is crucial in any refrigerant repair work on Daikin VRV.

Regards