PDA

View Full Version : Air conditioning installation licensing in Victoria Australia

DownUnderThunda
20-05-2012, 11:01 AM
hii guys first time posting so forgive me for any wrong doing :D

My question was do i need to be registered with the plumbing commission to undertake air conditioning instillation work in the state of Victoria???

Thanks heaps :)

cool_tech
22-05-2012, 02:34 AM
Technically yes. Plumbing commission dont care how it is installed as long as the drain is done correctly. the unit could be full of air and burnt out. Also liable for fitting of unit that is too small in capacity and doesnt work properly. welcome to the nanny state

DownUnderThunda
25-05-2012, 10:38 AM
thanks cool tech
is it worth getting or does the new national occupational licensing authority that??
i wonder what benift is going to come out of th NOLA:off topic:

Makanic
31-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Technically yes. Plumbing commission dont care how it is installed as long as the drain is done correctly. the unit could be full of air and burnt out. Also liable for fitting of unit that is too small in capacity and doesnt work properly. welcome to the nanny state

drain is done correctly>>>> LOL you got that dead On..
I got pinged for it too.. Never mind the old unit that was in the same place for the past 8 years

Makanic
31-05-2012, 11:01 AM
is it worth getting

Issuing Certificates is a Scam,
Plumbing commission make's Money for nothing

why be licenced/Registered ? With the Licence/Reg you have to Have Public Liabilty Insurance...
No Insurance. No Licence/Reg ..
Do you want to risk not having public Liability Insurance ? I wouldn't
If you get Pinged not being Licenced/Reg the Fines are nasty

In the words of Clint Eastwood: Do you feel Lucky Punk :>)