PDA

View Full Version : Seminar in Dublin Wed 23 May

RSTC
18-05-2012, 02:04 PM
For anybody in Dublin on Wednesday 23 May at 6pm the IRI are having a seminar on Real Zero

More info here:
http://instituteofrefrigerationireland.ie/events/realzer

padraic
18-05-2012, 10:27 PM
would love to go but... no chance getting from galway to dublin for 6pm after a days work...!

stufus
18-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Nothing personal H
But why is the IRI charging E50 for non members to tell us what we already know??
How much is annual membership??
I'm not one for unions especially considering one of the big trumpets over here ran for cover when a few of his employees tried to blow themselves up while pressure testing with oxygen.
Rant over
Cheers
Stu

al
19-05-2012, 06:15 PM
unfortunately Stu when IRI was setting up it was the trumpets who had time to get on the board initially, it's only 100e for the year and i've found it worthwhile but it is very Dublin centric.

al

RSTC
20-05-2012, 11:05 PM
Stu, I don't have any sway with the IRI council, I'm just an ordinary member. Tho, I have voiced to all who would listen, a similar point of view.

In fairness, their opinion is that the 'freeness' of the seminars should be for members (but they have conceded with a concession and are allowing members to bring guests, PM me if you want to go). The other logic is that the annual membership is €100, so it makes sense if you have a couple of seminars you want to go to - just become a member.

(and I'm pushing a fine line here...) but you also get discount off training with the industry training network.

Al,
Yes it is worthwhile, but I think they need more involvement from a larger membership to become as purposeful as they could be (that's a very meetingish way of saying they need to get bigger and do more!).

Regarding being Dublin-centric, you're not the first to say that (to me at least). But again, to be the voice of devil's advocate their first and only fellowship was awarded recently to a Corkonian. And over the last 18 months, I have organised (free) seminars in association with the IRI/EPA in almost every county - including two in Cork. Also my understanding that their recent (deferred) seminar on heat-pump market update will be run in Cork. If there is an interest in Real Zero I'm sure that they would be happy to run it in other parts of the country.

Are there any members/council on the forum who wish to weigh in?

al
20-05-2012, 11:39 PM
Who got the fellowship in Cork?

Al

RSTC
21-05-2012, 09:33 AM
George from BMC

stufus
22-05-2012, 02:46 PM
BMC
Now you are just winding Al up.
haha
Cheers
Stu

al
22-05-2012, 07:39 PM
Ah in fairness George knows his stuff, hats off to him!!

al

install monkey
22-05-2012, 07:41 PM
you better not go al- as they probably serve pints in full glasses and you might spill it! :D

Ah in fairness George knows his stuff, hats off to him!!

al