PDA

View Full Version : Advanced diploma

Fridgy Dave
18-05-2012, 01:10 AM
What is people's experience themselves or knowing others that have completed further education within the refrigeration industry, are there a lot of opportunities for people with a diploma or advanced diploma in refrigeration and air conditioning engineering or is it simply just another feather in your cap. I would appreciate people's feed back

Tesla
18-05-2012, 01:34 AM
Hi Dave
In my experience it is worthwhile. I have completed the NZ equivalent. It has given greater understanding of technical challenges, allows one to find faults more easily. Helps prepare you for advancement into management or starting your own business. Generally get paid more than others without it and helps put you at the top of the list for candidates in the job application process. It makes it easier to understand or to cross over into BMS AC or refrig work. It is not an easy path but the rewards are worthwhile.

750 Valve
18-05-2012, 07:45 AM
Hi Dave
In my experience it is worthwhile. I have completed the NZ equivalent. It has given greater understanding of technical challenges, allows one to find faults more easily. Helps prepare you for advancement into management or starting your own business. Generally get paid more than others without it and helps put you at the top of the list for candidates in the job application process. It makes it easier to understand or to cross over into BMS AC or refrig work. It is not an easy path but the rewards are worthwhile.

+1, very worthwhile

Actinide
23-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Ive just started studying an Advance Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, wanting to further my education and get a broad spectrum of knowledge in that area. Looking for new doors of opportunities to open atm, company I work is showing worrying signs :S

Moneyhell
23-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Very much worth the effort, go for it.