PDA

View Full Version : R22 sealed new

shaunmeboy
17-05-2012, 08:06 AM
Hi
Just been having a clear out as moving and found brand new sealed bottle of R22. As i know you can only use reclaimed gas now.How is the best way to dispose of this now without being hit with paying some company to dispose of it. The bottle is 15kg and i have not used R22 for years now .Not keen on taking to new house and immediately cluttering up the garage.
Regards Shaun

monkey spanners
17-05-2012, 09:09 AM
When the ban came in i took back a half used bottle, and wasn't charged. Why not give the wholesalers a call and see if the same would be true now. It's not like it would need cleaning just rebottling and then selling for £300!!!! So shouldn't cost you anything imho.

dt8project
31-05-2012, 08:59 PM
probs depends which suppliers it came from, I took a few virgin r22 bottles back to climate center branch and they took them no questions asked;)

Rob White
01-06-2012, 02:29 PM

Some of the centres will actualy pay you for the refrigerant.

Phone around and ask your local refrigeration wholesaler and
see what they say but I think you'll find there is a value to it.

Rob

superslim007
18-06-2012, 02:17 PM
If what you have is virgin R22 then legally it has to be destroyed, you can't do anything with it. You can't reclaim it nor can any of the suppliers, it is very clear that only recovered R22 (accompanying waste transfer note stating where and when it was recovered) can be reclaimed. Current destruction fees are around £5 per Kg
Sorry but thems the rules