PDA

View Full Version : Whirlpool K20 Ice Machine - HEEELLPP MEE!!

gav42
15-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Just had the water pump changed on this machine, made beautiful ice for about 4 weeks. Only problem was ice bin thermostat did not shut off machine when full. I didn't see this as a big issue, as long as I had my ice each day.

But then machine stopped working, water pump was very hot. Maybe because it had been running constantly for 4 weeks it had over heated or something, so switched it off for a whole day then turned it back on.

Now the water pump does not go on its own, but with a little tap on top of the pump it pumps water VERY SLOWLY and is certainly not right.

Could someone advise me on what to do next. Is it another pump needed and a bin thermostat for make sure it shuts off. Or maybe the thermostat settings on the back need adjusting.

HELP ME!!!

coolhibby1875
15-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Hi,

claim the faulty pump under waranty then replace the bin stat, job done!

gav42
16-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Had the motor out today, it looks out of line with itself and the bottom fan mechanism is rubbing against the pump casing which is causing it to not rotate, I straightened it up a bit and then working fine.

It looks like the bolts may have been over tightened through the pump into the mounting plate, causing the fan to go of line. After correcting this it work for 30mins then got jammed again.

Please advise, water pump was off ebay, could it be faulty, or not fitted correctly?

install monkey
16-05-2012, 06:47 PM
the thermostat on the back is for ice thickness- the ice needs to be thick enough approx 12mm thick to then drop onto the cutter grid in 1 piece- the fact the bin stat is faulty is irrelevent to the faulty water pump- maybe it got buckled during delivery- running for 4 weeks continuously-is not excessive- normally get at least 3yrs out of them.
part numbers- maybe srw and climate ctr do whirlpool parts as do others481936178138 pump
481927128842 bin stat

cadwaladr
17-05-2012, 07:40 PM
the last one i purchased came with a new mounting plate did yours and did you fit it.