PDA

View Full Version : hello people

premnats
30-11-2005, 04:54 PM
since its christmas time..
we at our plant have started painting and doing some small service to our machinaries..
usually we do it at the end of the year..
now the problem is...
whether there is any colour code for refrigeration components ..internationally accepted one..
or can i use any paint..start my own code..
if there is a code..
please give me some materials that can help me..
bye n regards
prem.:confused:

Abe
30-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Henry Ford said it can be any colour you like....

As long as its black!!

But I think there are no standard colour codes.......

How about you start a trend................

Make it nice and rainbow coloured!!

Just like the British Airways ethnic logo's !!:D :D :D

Peter_1
30-11-2005, 07:52 PM
We painted in the past discharge lines red, the suction lines blue and liquid lines yellow.

Abe
30-11-2005, 09:31 PM
We can paint our fridges just like this

botrous
30-11-2005, 09:51 PM
I agree with you Abe . . . then we will have a 1960's hippy fridge in the kitchen :D :D :D

Peter . . . we use the same colors here for training machines . . . . it's usefull :)

Abe
30-11-2005, 09:56 PM
Boutros

I shouldnt joke, Sorry I know a serious question was asked

But it makes sense to have Discharge as red, Yellow or Green for liquid and blue for suction

frank
30-11-2005, 10:15 PM
Obviously the Dougquaidblade handle is the new name for Clownblade :rolleyes:

Sorry - but it doesn't do it for me:(

botrous
30-11-2005, 10:24 PM
Boutros

I shouldnt joke, Sorry I know a serious question was asked

But it makes sense to have Discharge as red, Yellow or Green for liquid and blue for suction

Hi Abe, why you are syaing sorry :o i meant no offence . . . i was :D continuing the joke. . . . :cool: even in the most serious situation the sense of humor is always appreciated . . . .

Sorry if my post sounded or gave an impression other than what i meant

regards

chillin out
30-11-2005, 10:39 PM
Obviously the Dougquaidblade handle is the new name for Clownblade
If this person keeps getting banned then why not block their IP ?

Mr Blade, why not calm down just a little bit and you wont get banned?

Theres nowt wrong with a good sense of humer, but no need to be an ar$e.

Chillin:) :)

Abe
30-11-2005, 10:44 PM
Hi Abe, why you are syaing sorry :o i meant no offence . . . i was :D continuing the joke. . . . :cool: even in the most serious situation the sense of humor is always appreciated . . . .

Sorry if my post sounded or gave an impression other than what i meant

regards

Hey no worries,

I know you werent telling me off. But I was thinking more of our Ugandan freind, didnt want him to feel I was making fun of his suggestion.

:) :)

ps: You wont get me anywhere near with a can of paint and brush.......

Abe
30-11-2005, 10:45 PM
If this person keeps getting banned then why not block their IP ?

Mr Blade, why not calm down just a little bit and you wont get banned?

Theres nowt wrong with a good sense of humer, but no need to be an ar$e.

Chillin:) :)

All that is needed is our freindly Mod to bring down his cutlass on the hapless soul!!

Abe
30-11-2005, 10:46 PM
Freindly MOD............Where art thou???

US Iceman
30-11-2005, 10:54 PM
There is an American standard for this from ANSI, but I will have to do some research to dig it up. I have an email into a contractor for a copy.

The actual standard number is: A13.1, "Scheme For Identification of Piping Systems".

This provides the color codes for various types of piping uses; water is normally green, natural gas pipe is orange (I believe), etc.

I will try to provide better information as soon as possible. There is probably a British standard for this also, but I do not know the correct reference number.

IIAR (International Institute of Ammonia Refrigeration) uses the above reference in their refrigeration standards. IIR (International Institute of Refrigeration) may also have something for this.

If your city/country does not have a code for this, I suspect any standard you follow will be acceptable.

The other thing you may want to consider is the use of pipe markers. The color code can tell you what the refrigerant condition is (gas or liquid), but directional arrows help to show the flow also.

The pipe markers can also be purchased to show high pressure or low pressure (liquid or vapor) and the specific use of the pipe for added identification and information.

If you do a web search for ammonia pipe markers you should find many sources for these.

botrous
30-11-2005, 10:54 PM
Hey no worries,

I know you werent telling me off. But I was thinking more of our Ugandan freind, didnt want him to feel I was making fun of his suggestion.

Got it :)

ps: You wont get me anywhere near with a can of paint and brush.......

no comment :):):):)

US Iceman
01-12-2005, 01:11 AM
Here is a link I found to a UK standard for pipe colors. I'm not sure of the age or suitability, but it is one source.

http://www.ppd.uky.edu/ukstd/div15/15190s01.pdf

Here is one that looks like it is based on some British Standards Institute (BSI).

http://www.qp.com.qa/raslaffan/rlc.nsf/58590243e80719d0432569ba00346303/8aeb96ef2a8b11c443256f6a00412404/$FILE/RLC%20CCIP%20REV%20C.pdf

(the link did work when I copied into the browser bar):confused:

If you review these, it looks like they use a single color for the ammonia piping. This is to identify ammonia piping from other piping in a facility. The ANSI standard I referred to in a previous post uses the same logic.

If you want to use individual colors to show the purpose of each line (discharge, suction, or liquid) you should provide a legend in an easily accessible location so that anyone can tell what color is for which purpose.

I will post some of the ANSI colors as soon as I receive them.

premnats
01-12-2005, 11:39 AM
hello people
thanks for this enourmous response..
am looking forward to some more interesting information..
bye n regards
prem

botrous
01-12-2005, 10:00 PM
hello people
thanks for this enourmous response..
am looking forward to some more interesting information..
bye n regards
prem

W E L C O M E :):):):)